Chapter 35

Chapter 35

-I'm aware of a certain inconsistency...RAVEN IS MALE i have reminded myself that ...about at the end of the second paragraph here so i'm sorry for the confusion!-

The two boys tensed up. With a few shared glances they knew that they were both feeling the same. They were both rather terrified of whoever it was downstairs. After what had happened, the two of them didn't know who to trust. They were confused about how anyone would know Noah was there, unless they followed Crow's scent. It had to be a vampire, it was the only explanation. It was an explanation which scared them.

"I'll go see who it is." Crow stood up and placed Raven on Noah's lap. Noah tensed a little bit, expecting to immediately be met with a runny nose and fits of sneezing. Instead he felt his warm fur against his fingertips and felt his puring on his lap. He gave an adoring smile to him. He just lay there lazily. "You stay here and get some rest, i'll bring them up if they need to see you."

Noah nodded and moved back onto the bed a little tit, he was too fascinated by Raven. It was the first time he had been able to spend time with an animal and not be inconvenienced. Crow was right, Noah really really liked Raven.

As Crow came downstairs he was followed by Violet, she had said that she would make Noah something to eat after all. They split ways in the passage; Crow going to the living room and Violet going into the kitchen., He knew that Violet would be eavesdropping on the conversation with the person, she blamed it on the walls but Crow blamed Violet being nosy.

Crow didn't recognise the person who was sitting on the settee immediately. The man had light brown almost blonde hair and when they turned their head Crow could see some cloudy gray eyes.They had a significant amount of facial hair but ultimately they looked well put together.

Crow's eyes trailed to what he was wearing. You could tell a lot about a person by how they presented themselves, no matter how little of a fact you can learn, it could be helpful. So Crow ignored the friendly smile and focused on the dark trench coat which was left open, revealing a warm scarlet jumper and a pair of dark jeans. His old boots looked worn with use yes even they looked like they were polished and taken care of.

"Ah you must be Crow." The man stood up and held out a hand in greeting . His voice was a little rough and deep. He seemed like he was trying to be friendly, Crow was oddly reminded of an innkeeper who would talk to the usual customers about their issues each night as they came in for a drink. "My name is Aldrich. I do not suppose you remember me?"

Crow was suspicious about how this man knew his name, he felt like he should know this person. Ruby didn't' recognize him which means that they weren't introduced when he was a child. He shook his head but took Aldrich's hand politely . "I'm sorry I do not ." Crow was hesitant around this person, though it would not have been surprising if everyone was the same around him. He ad quite the unnerving presence.

"I feared that you would not." Aldrich smiled and brushed it off as though he went through this a lot. Suddenly his eyes were glowing red and Crow could see hsi sharp teeth. "How about now?"

Crow's eyes widened, great a vampire in the house . That was wonderful news. He didn't recognise him still, he was a little too scared at the idea of another vampire in the house. He had to remind himself that Noah was also a vampire so Aldrich was outnumbered. He also doubted that Noah would be much use considering the state he was in.

"I'm sorry I still don't' know you." Crow's voice was harsh and on edge, he knew Violet could hear . He didn't want to be too impolite, he just had a rather strange feeling in his stomach. So he lowered his voice so that no ears but Aldrich's and Noah could hear. "You're not the one who hurt Noah are you?" He could feel the fire running through his veins which showed that he was getting defensive, his eyes were glowing red and he could feel the sharpness of his own teeth.

"Ah now, now there's no need for that" Aldrich slapped his knee happily. Such an action caused Crow's eyes to widen even more before they narrowed . Aldrich seemed like someone who would do the most random of things, he seems like his mood could switch so suddenly. "Though if you do not remember me I suppose that it is for the best. Some vampires often hold resentment for their creator." Aldrich's own voice became one of a whisper,

Though it sounded as clear as day to Crow it still caused him to shiver and for goosebumps to appear on his skin. "I do not blame them." he had gritted teeth as his mind swirled with anger at the man in front of him. The man who ruined his life , his human life that was. Actually, no the man in front of Crow ended his life. There was no more Human Crow because he died years back. "What are you doing here? You asked for Noah?"

"Ah yes i did." Aldrich clicked his fingers happily. He gave off such an odd and strange atmosphere. Crow didn't know whether he felt comfortable in his presence or not. It felt like a strange and somewhat lost relative had came round for a cup of tea nd a catch up. Crow knew that sometimes vampires were unconsciously devoted to the person who turned them, it was mainly due to the fact some humans are dying when they stumble across a vampire, if a vampire gives a human a better chance at living then the human feels devoted towards them. "I heard about his little accident."

"How could you have possibly heard about that?" Crow asked in disbelief.The only way someone could know about that would be if they witnessed it or if the ones who kidnapped Noah mentioned something. Crow was undoubtedly out of the loop when it came to vampires.

"The red web." Aldrich shrugged simply. "Oh you are so uncultured my dear boy." Crow didn't like where this was going. He didn't like what the appearance of this man meant for him