chapter 11

Chapter 11

The walk home was stressful for Noah . He didn't know which bus to take home and it started to get dark rather quickly. He wanted to spend no more time at bus stops in the dark. He had even considered walking home, that was before the bus had abruptly pulled up and the driver rudely told him to get in. After all his bus was the only one which stopped at the bus stop Noah was stood at. There was little other reason for Noah to be there other then wanting his bus.

After getting lost a few times Noah had eventually found himself on a bus that he recognized the route of. It took him about three hours to get himself home after leaving Crow in the hotel room and not a moment of that time was spent thinking clearly.

Noah had too much on his mind, he had too many questions swirling through his head. The same questions that he had asked crow multiplied by a thousand. Though once he reached his house, nothing was able to settle him.

He lived in a rather shady neighbourhood. His house was a relatively small two bedroomed house which was practically falling to pieces. -The taps squeaked and squealed, the toilet made a horrific noise when the chain was pulled, the ceiling was prone to leak on the stereotypical English rainy days, the kitchen door didn't have a handle and the floorboards were so distorted it hurt Noah's feet to walk upstairs.

Though that was all Noah could afford, it was true that he was being charged way too much for what he was getting but what he had was nothing comfortable. Noah wished a tiny bit that he had stayed with Crow in that hotel room, a room which seemed to be bigger than his house. Then he thought about what Crow had said and wiped the thought from his mind.

It was late and all he wanted to do was sleep, though he had to clean up the house a little bit because nobody else was going to do it. Noah lived alone and he told himself about twice a week that this is how it should be, he liked to be alone. Though that is all he ever seemed to be these days.

His parents didn't particularly care for him when they were alive, they passed away a few years ago ,his father dying only a few months after his mother died. The inheritance was just enough to pay a few month's rent. Noah found himself lucky to have been included in their will at all. Their deaths were unexpected , they were rather young and healthy but accidents happen.

Noah didn't have anyone, which meant that there was nobody to disappoint. All of his life all Noah did was disappoint, from when he said he wanted to study art to the time he bace a social outcast. He had a good heart but nobody would be able to find it under all the tinted bulletproof glass.

Noah did some dishes which had only been there for about a day or two , needing them for the next day as he only had a few plates and bowls. He picked up a few pillows off the floor where he had slept on the settee the other night. Then he started to get ready for bed .

He wanted to sleep all the stress away, he wanted to drift in his dreams and visit places that he had never been to before. Therefore when his head hit the pillow, he was surprised to find that he couldn't sleep. He felt tired and drained but no matter what he did he just couldn't fall asleep. He got up a few times throughout the night and ust walked around, hoping to tire himself out.

He couldn't' come up with a suitable explanation for it. The only explanation he could come up with was one he wished to dismiss. He had heard that vampires do not sleep, either that or they sleep in coffins, Though neither of those explanations would explain hy Crow had a bed. Despite it being the comfiest thing Noah had ever laid on.

It was morning by the time Noah's nerves had settled, he knew that he wouldn't be able to sleep at all during the day. He had work to call and uni to attend. He got a quick bath before heading out to uni, He wore a blue hoodie and some jeans, his regular gray hat was upon his head and he hoped that it would stay there for as long as it was necessary because he was not running after it this time.

Since it was university he didn't really get into trouble for not turning up or emailing. Though he was told that he should email whenever he would be unavailable. Noah just nodded along silently and listened to his lecture. He had some projects due soon but other than work he didn't have much going on in his life. Doing university projects usually came easy to him.

He found himself getting frustrated with his work , he didn't often get visually frustrated with art as it was often a positive output for his emotions but the colours just weren't blending correctly. He was moments away from punching the canvas before the lecturer asked him if he had to take a moment outside.

The sun hurt his eyes as he walked in front of the building doors. He sat down a few times but he couldn't stop his feet from pacing. "you gotta shake this Noah" His angry mutterings were getting hims strange looks from the other students and visitors to the university. "Vampires- no they don't' exist...it was just a nightmare."

No matter what he could tell himself, nothing would persuade him that the past few days had been one big nightmare. He had found the key to the hotel room in his bag and knew that Crow had put it there. He would fidget with it in class if he got too antsy. The metal was somewhat comforting in his hands . Though the key had more than one way to reassure him.

He knew that he had to go back. Crow had answers that Noah needed. No matter how ridiculous those answers seemed to be, Noah couldn't stand this. He couldn't stand another sleepless night, he couldn't stand the frustration he had towards his love of art. He couldn't stand the nagging feeling he got whenever he thought of the handsome vampire.