Chapter 37: Reminisce

"Lucy, wait!"

"Leave me alone Salamander."

"Please, I'm sorry! Don't leave me again!"

"..I hate you, Natsu Dragneel, so much."

"W-what...?"

"From now on, you are dead to me. Forever."

"W-wait..Lucy!"

"Goodbye, Natsu."

"LUCY!!"

~~~~~~~~

"LUCY!!" Natsu woke up in startle as he sat up on his mattrice in cold sweat. His breathing was in rapid motion while he tried to regain his breathing by inhaling some air. That nightmare again. Can't it not haunt him for once?

Upon his yell, it also startled poor Happy from his slumber. Getting up sluggishly, he rubbed his sleepy eyes out and spoke. "Natsu..what are you..*yawned* yelling about at this early in the morning?"

He must have woken his exceed up by his scream. "Sorry Happy."

Natsu's P.o.V

After that incident with Lucy, i've been depressed since that very day. She really hates me now. Not only that i won't be able to apologize to her at this rate, i was dead to her now. Man, why did i even done those things to her in the first place?! I'm such an idiot! Surprising that Happy still talks to me even after i did all those things to Lucy. And i'm relieved that there was still someone who's there for me. Luce..No she doesn't like that nickname anymore. She would be rather called Lucy, her first name.

Damn! I really hate myself. Look at me, i'm all depressed and such. With heavy bags over my eyes, i'm such a mess. I've been laying on my bed since we have that argument, trying to forget the incident like it never happened but instead i'm moping over that. I'm really..pathetic.

"Natsu is something wrong?" Happy must have noticed my silence for him to ask me that question. As a reply, i just gave him a light smile. "N-no nothing's wrong Happy." i stammered my words a bit from my depressed demeanor.

"Is this about Lucy?" i slightly flinched. I was not expecting him to ask me that. But nevertheless. I bent my head and i was staring at the covers of my bed while clutching both of my fists tightly. "It really hurts happy..this feeling..being sad and regretful..it really hurts."

"Natsu.."

"Seven years ago, when Lisanna came back, the only thing that was in my mind was Lisanna. I never thought about Lucy. It's just Lisanna. And before i knew it, all of that vanished in front of me in an instant when i forgot everything about her. I ignored her and focused only to Lisanna. But..when i finally had the chance to talk to Lucy, it came out differently as i expected them to be. I was caught up to the whole 'Lisanna came back thing' that i kicked her out from the team. I've called her names, like she was nothing but a weak replacement. That the whole reason i brought her to Fairy Tail, was to fill what we had lost. I wanted to take all what i've said to her back and apologize , but i was 5 years late for it to even happen." Unknowingly, my tears were pouring out of my eyes. I tried to hold them back, i did, but the guilt was to unbearable that i let them fall instantly. "I-if i didn't ignored her..if i didn't forgotten about her..i-if i didn't kicked her out and called her weak..i-if i didn't broken our trust, her trust to Fairy Tail, all of this wouldn't have happen!"

While i was crying, Happy just stared at me with a sad expression on his face. Finally, i was able to release all of my guilt carefully. But all of it didn't matter because it was too late for me regain our broken bond and friendship back. I was too late.