Chapter 43: Protecting your Family and Sudden Doubts

Once Zeref fully became one with the Dark energy, he released it, he released the extension of the dark arts into full throttle. Lucy, being the one not too far from him flinched at the sudden burst of dark energy from the Dark mage. She never felt this energy from him from the moment their battle even started. Which means..he's been holding back from the beginning. It was in slow motion, as the energy he was releasing vanished, then in a fast pace, he was suddenly infront of her with deadly eyes and Lucy only stood there in shock. With a quick sweep of a hand, a dark blade appeared in his grasp and slashed the blonde with it. Lucy was lucky enough for her to block the attack but the way he sent that slash, made the impact a bit gruesome that send her flying against the stoned up walls in the arena.

"Lucy!"

They were quite bewildered, not expecting that to happen so sudden. All this time, Zeref has been keeping his powers intact for him to use it when the moment was right. And that moment was now apparently. That attack wounded Lucy as she got up from the rubble and had wiped the blood that was seeping out from the corner of her mouth. Her left arm was also bleeding and was clutching tightly to her blade. The collision was too great even for her that she managed to be wounded with a single attack. Nevertheless, she won't back down so easily as he thinks. Stepping out from the pile of rubble, she dashed forward to his direction with her blade ready to strike. She will bot make the same mistake and she will prove that by figthing him with her full power. Zeref had the same idea, so he charged at her with his weapon in his hand and clashed it against her's with such force.

"Now we're getting the fight interesting my dear Lucy!"

She growled at him and had cancelled their blades out, but not before sending an attack that had startled him. "Lightning Dragon's Roar!" Zeref managed to dodged the attack and send one of his own. "DARK NEBULA!" Then the blonde countered it with her's. "Holy Dragon's Holy Breath!" Both attacks collided, creating gust winds in the field.

"I will have you Lucy Heartfilia!"

"I'll never be yours Zeref!"

~~~~~
"I want to battle too!" Natsu whined while he pouted. This was not fair to him that Lucy gets all the fun on beating Zeref, and certainly this wasn't in his nature to just stand by the sidelines and watched the battle. Not at all. But Lucy instructed them, especially him, to back off and let her handle the situation on her on. Can't she see that she's not alone?

"You idiot, if you dive in there then you'll be dead by the second in Zeref's hands. Or worst, by Lucy's"

Gray just had to burst his bubble. But knew he was right. Lucy would have his head if did. Literally. She was far more fiercer than Erza, and won't hesitate even if it is her nakama or not. However still, this doesn't changed the fact that it was unfair to them that she's handling the situation on her own, with them only watching her by the sidelines. Fairy Tail, along with the Dragons watched the battle fiercely, as both Light and the Darkness battle it out to determined who among them will be declared as the victor and which among them will be the one to set the world in order. The arena was already been damaged enough that it looks like it could fall apart any minute. But to their relief, they were well protected by a barrier which was set by Celesta, just in case if part of the arena's walls were ever to fall on top of them.

All they could do for now was watched the battle take part, and hoped that their friend Lucy will be alright.

~~~~~~~

"DARK PUNISHER!"

"Fire Dragon's Destruction!"

This wasn't supposed to happen! Lucy can't be tired up now! Not when Zeref was still here fighting her! This is bad, she didn't anticipated that her magic energy was running low on power. Zeref wasn't even the slightest unbalanced, and running out of power. Perhaps she had overestimated the Dark Mage for sure. And now here she was panting, while Zeref was barely even out of breath.