Chapter 51

"Where exactly...are we?"

As their eyes scanned the whole vicinity; Mirajane, Elfman, and the Water Dragon Serina, have found themselves a place where everything was completely covered with a dense fog. But that's not all of it. There were two disadvantages they encountered; The dense fog was one of them, and the other is that this place is filled with a negative vibe around it. And there is no doubt that they're inside a forest that was probably infested with monsters and beasts that would gladly tear them limb from limb.

Serina, who had a forlorn expression on her face, seemed to know this place more than the other two. And Mira, who noticed the blue head's demeanor, decided to ask her about it. "Serina, is something the matter?" she asked while taking careful steps towards the frowning humanoid Dragon.

"This place...I'm sure of it that this place is one of them." A mumble was the only reponse she got from Serina. 'One of them? What does she mean by that?' The barmaid thought in confusion at the brunette's words. "Serina?" she called out once more, and this time she got the response she was looking for.

Lifting her head in the process, she surveyed her entire area. "It seems, we've been transported into a dilemma where it could cost  our lives in the end. And i have no doubt that Zeref planned this right from the beginning."

"What are you saying?" Elfman joined the conversation.

"Zeref mentioned earlier, 'Void Abyss' was it? Could that be the place where we are now?" Mirajane asked, getting quite suspicious to the situation they're in.

The Water Dragon gave a short nod."As you've stated, We are inside the Void Abyss but far from the real thing. This place, is just one of the obstacles that Zeref had put up. And pretty soon, i'm not even surprised when we encounter something that prevents us from going forward to the exit gate."

"Exit...gate?" Eflman was trying not be an idiot at the predicament they're in, but how can he? When he was having trouble processing the word 'Exit Gate'. Though the word itself was simple enough, albeit Natsu could get that. He's just playing dumb.

Serina continued."We're not the only ones who already encountered this kinds of places. The others as well is in a situation like us. But more complicated like Zeref wanted. The place where we are now is called the 'Forgotten Forest.'"

" The Forgotten..." Mirajane trailed off as Elfman finished her words slowly. "Forest...?"

"From what i've heard, the Forgotten Forest was a place where everything and everyone would suddenly vanish in a blink of an eye while entering its domain. And if the said person or animal disappears, the memories which they shared to the others  will soon be a distinct memory and then...gone, just like that." Not only she had an unhappy expression, but also the feeling of irritation and disgust was beginning to surface as the thought of people who were close to the victims would instantly forgot about them. It's just...cruel.

But Serina let that thought aside and went back to the previous matter at hand. She then faced the siblings with such intensity in her orbs. "But we cannot let this 'obstacle' get in the way of our mission to fight Zeref. That matter comes first. And besides, it's not only Zeref we need to handle."

'Lucy...' Both Mirajane and Elfman thought at the same time. Serina was right, and both of them knew it. There's no time to dillydally.

"You said so earlier that this place has an Exit Gate right? So where is this gate then?" the barmaid asked.

The Water Dragon was in deep thought for a moment until,"If my suspicions are correct, then the Exit Gate would be at the center of the dense forest. We just have to stick together until we reach to our destination." With a wave of a hand, a long liquid-like string appeared. "And if we do get separated from each other, we'll at least tie ourselves with this to know where we have gone and we'll come to you." She tied the string around her waist and then gave it to Mirajane who also tied the string around her waist, while Elfman tied his to his wrist tightly.