Chapter 41: Battle and Cherished 02

-Always protect your love ones, no matter what it takes for them to be safe and sound. For them to have peaceful endings. -Yukariko07
==========================================================
"Fire Dragon's Roar!"

Zeref evaded the attack that was sent by Natsu, then countered the attack with his.

"DARK BEAM!"

When the attack was aimed directly at Natsu, Erza quickly came to his rescue and blocked the attack with her Adamantine Armor. A great force was inflicted on it, but Erza was manage to keeps the shield up even though the attack was quite powerful.

Gray then appeared above him and sent out his attack.

"Ice Wizard Power: Prison!"

A huge cage appeared out of nowhere and trapped the dark mage securely. But it wasn't enough for him to be contained, for he easily broke out using his dark aura that was now radiating all over his body. "Pathetic."

"Holy Dragon's Holy Breath!"

"Shadow Dragon's Roar!"

Both Sting and Rogue combined their atttacks as one and was sent out directly towards the dark mage, who was just standing firmly with a serious expression. Before the attack could hit him, Zeref just raised his hand and somehow absorbed the attack instantly into his palm. "You could do better than th-"

"We're not finish yet!"

"Sky Dragon's Roar!"

"Lightning Dragon's Roar!"

"Iron Dragon's Roar!"

Three roars were yet again combined, but it was still missing something. But good thing Mirajane decided to transform into her demon form.

"Shadow Ball!"

The attacks were aligned as one, turning it into a huge rod of power. It zoomed across the plain field and was heading straight towards Zeref's direction. The attack hit as gust and smoke covered most parts of the arena. That was a strong attack, surely that could have damaged him or something. But to their dismay, once the smoke was cleared, they all widened their eyes and gasped as Zeref emerged from the smoke unscathed and undamaged.

Wendy:"N-no way..."

They all cursed under their breaths. The attack didn't even injured him or wounded him at least. The rumors were all true about him, being all powerful and junk. At the sight of them being shocked, brought Zeref's grin back to his face. "Surprised are we? I already told you that all of your attacks are useless."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, his arms was slashed off by a pure blade that was being held by none other than..Lucy! The Dark mage had his eyes widened including everyone else wo had foreseen the sudden assault. Zeref have forgotten about Lucy, how could he be so careless?

Lucy narrowed her eyes at him then went to slash him once more, but he manage to escape from her grasp as he landed a few feets from where she was standing. To Lucy, she was surprised as well. Due to the fact that Zeref have not noticed this from the beginning. The others were meant to distract him a bit so that she could get a good view of his opening. What she didn't expect that he would actually fall for her trap. Maybe his cockiness got the better of him.

"I'm surprise that you managed to get wounded by a sword, Zeref. Your arrogance must be the reason for your carelessness i believe." Coldly she stated, while laying her sword on her shoulder. Zeref didn't like the comment. And he hated himself for him to act like that. He glanced at his cut offed arm. "A clean cut." He muttered, which Lucy heard with her dragon hearing.