Chapter 33: Unexpected Surprise

"With a malice heart and a broken trust, it's really difficult to forgive those who had betrayed you. Especially from the one who betrayed you the most."-  

Yukariko07

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everybody stared in wide eyes to what they were staring.

"S-sting?..."

"R-rogue?..."

They were shocked at the dragon slayer duo's conditions; Both of their bodies were battered and wounded, their clothings were a mess, all ripped and covered with blood stains. Their gashes from their previous battle had been reopened. Virgo was there to support them and their exceeds were crying beside them.

"Good evening everyone." She greeted casually, as if there's nothing shocking to look at.

Erza:"Virgo!?"

Gray:"Isn't she one of Lucy's celestial spirits!?"

Virgo stared at them with a blank face."Please, you must help them."

Natsu:"What?"

Virgo turned her attention to the barely conscious dragon slayers beside her. "They are both severely injured and there's been too much a loss of blood in their bodies. They barely have enough strengths to move or even stand right now."

She turned back to their glances."Please help them." Came her pleading request.

A moment of silence came when an unexpected come back happened.

"Why should we? And where's Lucy!?" Came natsu's response. They don't know whether he meant it, or he was being a total idiot again.

"S-shut up, baka..." A familiar voice spoke from the inn's doors. They turned their attention to no other than...Lucy.

They all gasped at her appearance. Unlike both sting and rogue's health, she has the most number of wounds inflicted on her. Blood...tons of blood were covered all over her body, even her cloak was in shreds and was covered with blood. Multiple bruises and gashes were on every part of her skin, including her left cheek was also being covered by a deep gash. But because of too much blood loss, Lucy collapsed to the ground with a very loud THUD. Her hair sprawled all over as her eyes were closing into unconsciousness.

Virgo, sting, rogue and the Exceeds were the first ones to recover from their shock then immediately went to the female blonde's side. While as of the others were still in shock, and horrified at the same time. That is until Sting yelled with tears in his eyes." WHAT ARE YOU STANDING AROUND FOR!!?HELP HER DAMMIT!!!"

That made them snapped into reality.

Mirajane:"Hurry! Bring her to the infirmary! She needs treatment fast!"

~~~~~~~~

They quickly moved her in the infirmary and everyone crowded the room. Worried and concern expressions were the only ones existed on their faces. Sting and rogue were also there including their exceeds, standing beside Lucy's unconscious figure on bed and ignoring the injuries they had all over their bodies. Wendy already used her healing powers, but the damages on Lucy's body was too much for her magic to take effect.

Erza:"How is she wendy?"

Wendy:" Not good. Her wounds are far more severe than I expected. And none of my healing powers seem to be helping either."