Chapter 56: Ice and Fire

Dorne...

Different POV

With hands behind his back, Jon was standing on the docks of his main ship as they were sailing towards Dorne with ten thousand Unsullied, three thousand northern archers and a thousand mounted horses, and 50 giants. Backed by a dragon who spite ice, and a faithful direwolf who now was standing next to him.

Arya left before them, heading with a fast ship to Starfall, her mother's family to make sure that they don't intervene in the war with Dorne, otherwise, he will be forced to fight his kin and he really didn't want to do that. To be called a kinslayer. Since the kinslayers are cursed in the eyes of the Gods.

"We are approaching, Dorne, my king," said Viserys, stepping next to him.

"I can see that," he replied, tensing, and feeling the anger light again inside him, even more than before. He will rip Quentyn fucking Martell's skull out of his body for what he did.

"What is the plan, your grace. We can't expect that landing there and defeating them will be that easy. Especially on their own ground."

"When the time for that will come you will know," he replied a bit too harshly, moving away. He needs to see the witch and decide where is the best place to land the army and start the search of his wife and his daughter. Or better. Ask her to use her crafts and show him where they were.

Bellow the docks, at her cabin, he entered in without knocking, find the witch in the middle of a ritual or something similar since he still didn't understand what kind of shit she was doing. But he ignored her upper naked body, going straight to the chair to sit as he did for the past weeks of sailing.

It didn't take her long to finish, before covering herself and getting up, heading towards the table, pouring herself some wine or water to drink.

Once she was done, he said, "We are approaching Dorne. I came-"

"I know why you came here, and my response is the same as yesterday. I don't know where she is located. The candles don't want to show me that."

"So? What do I do?"

"Land and wait for her to come. I will make sure to show her the path to you, and besides that, there are many different reasons why you are here."

"I'm here only for two reasons. My wife and my daughter. Nothing else," he replied, getting ready to leave the cabin, since she doesn't seem to have the answer, but before he could open the door, he heard her say, "The lion is marching on the Torrentine. That is where you should land in my opinion."

"Is it there where Daenerys and my daughter are?"

"No. But your mother's House is there. And the lion is marching on it."

"I don't give a damn about the lion or the Torrentine," he replied, leaving, not wanting to hear more nonsense that may lead him away from his path in the search of his wife, and so he headed towards his cabin.

*****

Starfall...

Entering Dorne was a lot easier than expected thanks to its armies focused on the Dothraki and his brother. The thousands of men defending the Prince's Pass, in the stronghold of Kingsgrave, Skyreach, and High Hermitage weren't enough to stop his army, and now the Lords and Ladies, and their Households were their prisoners.

And now, it was the time of Starfall to fall before them, as he came down along the Torrentine. He was sure that it will not be easy to conquer this castle, which lies on an island. His spies informed him that only three hundred men guard it, and even though the lords, knights, and captains, advised him to leave this plan of attacking a useless castle that is held by such a small force. But he dismissed all their advice and proceed with his plan.