Chapter 57: Bowed. Bent. Broken

Different POVs

In the south...

Dorne...

She blinked once, twice, wanting to be sure that what she was seeing wasn't a bad dream as she was walking barefoot on the sand covered in blood. All around her there were dead Dornish Lords and soldiers, pierced by hundreds of arrows. While in front of her, there was a burning castle, never saw before, but strangely was drawing her attention.

The more she approaches it, the more she could hear the screams of women and children. She stopped at the entrance of the burning castle looking up to see the banner. Rayonne yellow over crimson. House Ulller. Morgan. Her son was there.

She immediately started to run inside the castle, feeling the cold and rough of the stone ground tickle her feet, but didn't care. Once she reached the keep, she saw a pile of dead bodies, over which sat a big man with coper skin a long black braid. He was looking at her with his fearsome dark eyes that were like coal.

In his hand, the man was holding a child skull, before raising it up and drink from the content within. She looked around and saw Dornish man, woman, and children, killed, their clothes ripped, and some were even headless. When her eyes stayed on the one that looked like her uncle Oberyn, who was burnt completely, besides the other Sand Snakes, and realizing who's skull the warrior was holding, Arianne released a loud scream, falling to the ground sobbing and trembling. With tearful eyes, she looked at the man who was grinning back at her, and in that moment, as the sun high in the sky was starting to get obscured, she saw a woman's figure appear from behind with only showing the silver-locks, slitting the man's throat, before cutting the head completely, throwing it towards her.

"I'm coming for you," the figure said in an echoing voice, before the world around her started to shake, turning everything to darkness, and she heard herself being called.

Ariane woke up screaming and panting, as she looked around to see the surroundings. It was only a dream, a very bad dream.

"You are awake finally," she heard a man said, and stroking her eyes, she saw that it was Ser Garibald Shell, one of her royal guards and who was on duty the night before in front of her door.

"What is it?"

"Hellholt fell, my Princess, and everyone who was inside enslaved," he said, showing her a scroll, and she immediately took and folded it hastily, starting to read with trembling hands. This cannot be. This cannot be, she keeps saying to herself, as the words she was reading were filling her mind.

"Where is Lord Cletus?" she asked, getting up, barefoot, and walking out of the room.

In the courtyard, my Princess," the knight replied, as he was following her right behind.

"When this did happen?" she asked, feeling her breath increases, worried for her son. She never should have listened to her uncle regarding sending her son to Hellholt.

"A few weeks ago, my Princess," the knight replied.

"What?!" she screamed stopping. "How is it possible that I find about this only now?!"

"We..." but she didn't let him finish, turning on her heels and rushing to the courtyard.

Once there, she saw him laughing with some fighters, as he was trying to take his position to start and train, but she stopped him, "Cletus. Where are the Yronwood men that were promised?!"

"With your uncle I suppose," he. replied.

"No! They weren't!" she screamed. "Where are they?!"

"Well, if they aren't with him, then they may be on the way I would say then, princess," he replied, dismissing the topic, charging at his opponent, while she released a scream of frustration, turning her attention to Garibald, saying, "Gather every man that is in her, and sent them to my uncle or in search of the Dothraki horde who have my son."