Knowing each other

Arianne POV

Arianne was still furious with her father and was now heading to see the Prince. It was time to clear things up with him, and send him back to his kingdom, and avoid war. An innocent man has already died for her father's lust of power.

As she walked through the hallway of the palace, she saw her brother, Quentin, coming towards her with a smirk on his face and his guards behind him. She began to hate him more and more.

" So, dear sister. Did you like the gift you received?"

She was confused, not knowing what he was referring to, so she asked, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh! But how," said, smirking, "Didn't you get your lover's head in a basket?"

When she heard that, Arianne was petrified. " How do you know about that story?"

"Because it was me who cut off his head," Quentyn said with a smirk and tapping his thumb against his chest.

At that point, Arianne rushed at her brother with her nails, but the guards stopped her. "I will be Dorne's future ruler, you will be married to some prince of Westeros or some warlord of Essos."

She spat in his face, "This is not the end of it, brother. As in tea, the blood of Nymeria, the warrior queen, flows in me too, and if you believe that I will step aside while you take my throne, you are mistaken. I still have an ace up my sleeve, brother," and she walked away furiously from that crazy of her brother, who will lead Dorne to ruin, with tears in her eyes.

Now the guards also obeyed him. She had to start planning her revenge and there was only one way to do it. Seduce the Prince.

When she arrived at the cave, the Prince was awake and welcomed her with a smile. But she did not return it. She sat down by the fire, and threw some more logs into the fire and handed the bag with the food to the Prince.

He began to eat, while she kept staring at the dancing fire, but she felt his gaze on her.

After some silence, she heard him say, "Nymeria, are you okay?"

She was taken aback by the name, but then she remembered that she gave it to him.

"No," she replied, bursting into tears, having Daemon's head still fresh in her mind, and aggravated by the fact that she found out it was Quentin who did it.

She heard a gutter of pain and then powerful arms embracing her. She did not oppose to the gesture, instead, she put her head on his chest. She cried and wept, and he caressed her head and whispered words of comfort to reassure her. He was such a kind man, it seems, and he was able to calm her down with those beautiful words. Words that were not appropriate for a warrior or a king, but for the poets of the stories. After she had calmed down, she heard him ask in a soft voice, "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

She, still with her head resting on his chest, and grabbing his shirt, not wanting to break the contact because she liked it very much, replied "I found out that my best friend, and the man I was in love, was killed, and his head was delivered to me, in a chest," she replied between the sobs "and it was my brother who killed him."

"Shhh.I'm sorry, that you lost someone dear to you and that you loved," he whispered, kissing her head.

After they'd been in that position for some time, she started to pull away, and looking toward him said, "How's the wound going?"

"She doesn't bleed anymore, having been cauterized, but it's still painful. But I' m alive thanks to you," she smiled.

She nodded and smiled at him. He was different from her brothers, who were arrogant. He wasn't. But he was her enemy anyway because he was making her lose her throne.