Return to me

In the North...

Ashara POV

She collapsed over him breathless. It was already some years since she began to have sex with Arthur. After Ned had married Catelyn Tully, she feels lonely. The only one she had, was Jon. And she was a fresh queen, even though she was queen for three years. In that period Arthur still thinking of oaths, honor, and duty. But when she and Jon were treated badly sometimes, he began to be care less for oaths and honor and began to stand against the king.

After that, she began to welcome her brother in her bed. First for loneliness, then for lust, because she loved to have him inside her, and now for love. She loves him. Him, Jon, Arya, and now also Daenerys. But as a father figure, Jon had based more on Lord Aerys, who was one of the best friends of Ned in his youth, and then she met Rhaella, who becomes her best friend and confidant.

"You know. If Catelyn Tully discovers us, this will be our end," Arthur said, breathing.

"Maybe. But until Jon is king she can't do anything."

Arthur nodded and kissing her on the head rose up to get some wine.

Licking her lips she asked, "Are true the stories about Dorne and Quentin Martell?"

"Yes," responded her brother sipping from his goblet without wearing something.

"And Jon?"

"He sent a warning to them."

"Good. That means he isn't like Ned."

"We almost had discovered who was behind his death, you know? But we lost the proves. Now we need to find new proofs, but we will do that after our return."

She nodded.

He offered her a goblet of wine, and she accepted it. And after had taken a sip from his goblet he said, "He doubts my loyalty to him, should Dorne invade us with an army. But I'm sure they will never do that."

"If Quentin Martell became king, yes."

Arthur said nothing. She knows that he was thinking now. And she knows The Martells, Especially Doran, and he lusts for power. He always said that when the Targaryen lost the throne, the Martells lost the possibility to put Dornish blood on the Iron Throne. Not that it's mate now. But she still held a bit of hope that they will not do that. After all, Elia is married to her first brother. She loves her family, but if it comes to a war between the North and Dorne she will always choose her son's and daughter' sides. No matter the costs.

After had drunk the wine from her goblet, Ashara asked, "Will you protect my boy from danger, during the expedition?"

"Of course I'll do, sister. I made a sacred oath on my blood, when he was born, that I will always protect him. Him and Arya," he then added, chuckling, "even though I think the students have surpassed the master, in their own ways."

And she laughed too. Her children have really walked a long road until now, and she was very proud of them. Even Ned would be, in his own way, of course. He never told them that word, but Ashara could see it in his eyes when he was alive, because she knew him very good, even though he was a man who never kept to one bed, especially when he was with the fish bitch.

And she really hopes that Jon and Arthur will find who killed him.

She was brought out of her thoughts when her brother said that he needs to dress and go to wake the king for the journey. But she wasn't ready to let him go.