A statement

I would like to publicly apologize. Why? Because of my awful possibly offense writings of sensitive topics like physical abuse without educating myself first which I should have done at the beginning. Even though no one seems offended now doesn't make what I wrote any better and for that I am sorry. During most of these chapters, I was going through multiple family troubles. I am not using this as an excuse but a possibility of the sad modes that radicate from this book.

I can not explain how sorry I am to anyone who has felt offended or confused by this book and didn't say anything. Your feelings are completely valid and I would love to hear you out. To make sure I don't hurt anyone I will find possible offense parts in this book and either: Rewrite it or delete it. 

My intent as a writer is to make sure I never touch any open wounds with my writings. My goal is to make sure I depict experiences correctly and maturely. 

As for my deceptions of rape and sexual assault, I will most likely delete those scenes from the book with respect to survivors. There is no reason I wrote that with close to zero research done on those topics. 

I am always trying to improve on past mistakes and fuck ups and fixing this book has been on the top of my list for quite some time but I keep postponing it in fear of causing an explosion of hate my way because people could take this out of context. But I have decided that even if one person who has been offended by this book accepts this apology it will all be worth it.

I am not asking for people to say "you didn't need to make this apology" or "no one was even offended so it's okay" comments. I am asking for help finding potentially harmful scenes in my book so I can find them and do either 2 of the suggestions I suggested.

To all the people that look up to me as a writer, I am sorry for exposing you to these subjects.

None of these things are okay and I will do better. I won't try to do better, I WILL do better.

your writer today and always,

-emily