Last Step

I finished changing my clothes into my soccer uniform and walked out of the changing room, captain was already waiting for us on the bench.

I walked toward the bench. "There you are." Smiled the captain.

"I'm a bit nervous.. Are you sure i suit the role of captain? I mean, today is an important match." I said.

"Be the captain that you want to be, I'm sure you can do it, if you struggle. I'll be there to guide you." Respond Captain.

I nod. "Got it."

"Here." Captain give me the captain armband.

I put it on my arm.

We all walked on the field to our position, I was put as a midfielder this time, since Outei is probably gonna stay on the offense.

The match starts as Outei do the kick-off.

"Grid Omega! Phase one!" I heard from Nosaka, Nosaka's teammates ran toward us with an strong wind blowing us.

But suddenly the wind stopped due to Haizaki stealing the ball from Nosaka, both of them starting to use a bit of rough play against each other.

But Nosaka succeeded to push away Haizaki by hitting him with the soccer ball, the opponents uses Grid Omega once again.

The wind blow us away and a tornado appears in the field, we all fell in the ground.

Nosaka score the first goal.

0:1

The opponents expected us to forfeit but.

"Oh, it didn't hurt that much." I sit up.

The opponent team look at us in shock.

"We managed to pull through." Said Kozoumaru.

We all stand up like Grid Omega never happened leaving our opponents in confusion on how we survived this tactic.

"Just look at their shocked face!" Said Goujin.

"Looks like it worked!" I said and looked at Haizaki.

Haizaki smirk then look at the opponents. "I'm not falling for the same move twice, just as you guys used Grid Omega, I released a vacuum wave close to the ground, the small tornado that formed made an air cushion for us to land on." Said Haizaki revealing our plan.

"Also, we trained on how to safely land in the event we got caught up in Grid Omega." Said Hanta.

How did we do it? Let's head back of some days.

|Some days ago/Nobody's pov|

"Let's head to the Island !" Said Asuto.

"Huh ?" everyone looked at at each other confused. "But it isn't the time to relax Asuto." Said Mansaku.

"That's not what I meant." Replied Asuto to Mansaku.

"Then are you homesick or something?" Ask Mansaku.

"It's for training! I want us to train to our limits, I don't want any regrets. Isn't it better if we train on an environment that suits us best?" Said Asuto.

"Asuto is right, let's go back to our Island and train to our limits." Said [F/N].

Then our coach also agreed, so we went to our Island and trained a lot.

Haizaki practiced about releasing a vacuum wave meanwhile we trained on how to land horizontally for safety and as our coach... He was eating.

While watching us.

|Back to your pov|

We succeed to counter Grid Omega, it's thanks to Nosaka's data that he gave us that day..

The match continues as the opponent's uses another tactics but we countered that too, I steal the ball from Nosaka and pass it to Haizaki.

Haizaki dribble toward the goal but Nosaka soon catches up, but suddenly an accident happens.

Haizaki pushes Nosaka on the ground, the ball rolls out of the field, I notice Nosaka in pain holding his head.

"Listen to me carefully then, I have been diagnosed with a brain tumor, and this match.. For me, it will be last."

I remembered those last words from Nosaka, the medical team took Nosaka out of the field, I went up to Nosaka.

"Nosaka, please. You can't continue playing.." I mumbled.

"I have to win..." Nosaka looked at me.

"Your health is in danger and all you think of is winning this match?!" I shouted at him.

"I already told you [F/N].. This will be my last match. That's why I must win. But... You, the captain of Raimon coming to check on me, wouldn't that a bit weird for the spectators?" Asked Nosaka with a small smile.

"I don't care about the others opinions honestly, but if you want to win that badly, I hope... You can atleast have fun playing soccer." I said then went back to the field.

|Author notes|

Heya!

The next chapter will be the last! So i wanted to thank people who've followed me to the beginning of the year (October/September) to here and enjoys my books.

I'm grateful and I never knew that one day I'll ever see people reading it.