■ 14 ■

I woke up to the sound of plates coming from downstairs, and figured it was time to get up. The sunlight was peeking through the cracks of my curtains, and judging by its intensity, it was pretty late. I slowly and lazily got out of my warm covers to slip on my slippers and head downstairs to get my breakfast. I could hear my sister's voice coming from the living room, she was having a conversation with my mother. She spent the night here, which was really unusual. She rarely came here, to begin with, but she never went anywhere without her husband nowadays. He was working, apparently. 

"Morning sweetie," my mother gave me a warm smile, taking the cup of coffee from the coffee machine that was now ready. 

"Morning," I replied, pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

Today was December 29th, New Year's Eve was just around the corner and I still had no idea how I would celebrate it, and who I would celebrate it with. My sister was going to New York with Ryan, and I envied her so much. She was driving there, so it would take them a while, but still, spending New Year's Eve in Times Square screamed goals. 

"Mel your boyfriend's on T.V." my sister yelled from the living room.

"He's not my-

As soon as I got to the living room where my sister was watching T.V, I saw Martin being interviewed and stopped in the middle of what I was saying, too captured by his presence on my T.V. to speak.

I sat down next to my sister and listened closely to what he was saying.

"So a few days ago you played at the Sweet Dreams Music Festival, which by the way was an outstanding performance, one of the best I have ever seen," The interviewer started, turning to Martin.

"Thank you," Martin simply replied, grinning.

"Was it your first time playing there?"

"Actually yes, it was,"

"And that girl, Melan-

"Melody." Martin corrected.

My sister looked at me, waiting for my reaction, but I was too busy listening to what they were saying to even react to the fact that I was being spoken of on live television.

"Yeah, Melody Benson, what you did for her at the festival was really nice, will we hear from her again?"

"Absolutely! She's actually going to release some of her tracks with Spinnin' Records, I can't wait for people to see how talented she is,"

My sister gasped turning to me, "Shut up!" 

I smiled, not taking my eyes off the screen. Well, now my sister knows, no need to tell her anymore.

"Wonderful! Are you two a thing or..." The interviewer trailed off, waiting for Martin's response. He did not need to ask that. To be honest, I really was afraid of his answer, because he would probably just be like 'ew no', or be like 'no, she's just my friend' or something. Honestly though, could I really blame him? We are not a thing, we may have kissed a few times but that certainly does not make us anything, at least to him it doesn't. I just seem pathetically desperate, which I sort of am.

"I guess you could say that," Martin nodded, grinning once again.

"No way," Kylie turned to me, "My little sister's dating a famous person, what a plot twist!" 

I simply stood there, still not looking away from the television and gasped. I slowly turned to my sister and looked at her with a confused expression, because honestly I had no idea what was going on. I should be happy right now, because Martin Garrix just told live television that we're basically dating, but at the moment I was extremely confused. I was dreaming or something this was not happening. Nope. 

I think I'm going to cry tears of extreme happiness and then cry some more because of obvious reasons.

"I-I.." I trailed off, finally looking away from the television to meet my sister's glaze.

She picked up the remote from the floor and changed the channel, smirking.

"Hey I was watching that," I pouted, trying to get the remote from her grip.

"Too bad, now you know what you've been asking yourself since we got back, you can leave now," 

I slightly blushed, looking down. True, I have been asking myself if we were a thing or not since we got back. Actually, a little before that, but still, I wanted to watch the rest of the interview anyway, but now that my sister had the control over the remote, it was an already lost battle. I gave up on watching it and stood up, making my way to my room.

■  ■  ■  ■  ■  ■

My phone suddenly started vibrating on my bed, making me look away from my computer screen, confused. I stared at the screen for a moment, trying to read the caller's ID and as soon as I read it, I picked my phone up impatiently, immediately answering.
"Martin! Hi!" 

"Hi Mel," Martin replied through the phone, instantly making me smile, "Hey um, I don't want you to be mad, I can always cancel if you want, but I'm in New-York for New Year's Eve and I'm performing there, and I kind of asked the people in charge of the show if you could perform there as well, and they said yes..? " he trailed off, clearly scared of what my reaction would be.

"Are you kidding?"

"No I-I can cancel it if you want, I mean-

"No, no, Martin, I'm really happy you did that, actually. I'm trying not to freak out right now," I replied, biting my lip to keep myself from screaming in excitement. This was beyond anything I could ever imagine. I needed to process this.

"Oh, I'm glad you're ok with it, I wasn't sure if you would want to, you know, because performing at New Year's Eve is a really big deal, and I know that New Year's Eve is in 2 days, but do you think you could still come? We could see each other,"

How could I say no to that, seriously? I don't know how I am going to get my parents to let me go to New-York on New Year's Eve, but I have to. 

"Absolutely, I'll be there!" 

"Really? Awesome, listen, I gotta go, but it was really nice talking to you,"

What should I do? Should I tell him I miss him? Thank him for the flowers? Yeah! Obviously, that would be a nice and normal thing to do, but for some reasons I really don't understand, I didn't say any of these things.

"Bye, see you soon," is the only thing I said before he hung up.

I'm so dumb. I dug my face in my hands and threw my phone on the other side of the bed. What am I going to do? Now he probably thinks I hate him, I didn't even thank him for the flowers? I didn't even tell him I missed him like crazy. I needed to get to New York to save the situation. But how?

I found a solution for my problem as soon as I heard my sister yell from downstairs.

I'm going to go to New-York with my sister and her boyfriend.

__________________________

lol ew that's a filler sorry guys but cool things are coming #drAMA

and does it bother you when I finish off the chapter with a cliff-hanger?

ANDDD tell me your honest opinion on this story, pleaseeeeeeeeee <3 bad or good, it's your opinion, i'll respect it.

every vote is highly appreciated and every comment as well, thank you all so much:)<3