■ 8 ■

"Tell me, Melody, do you know approximately how many tracks you have created?" Rick asked, taking a sip of coffee.

"Yes, I would say that I have created around a hundred tracks,"

"That's pretty impressive, actually, did you plan on releasing any of them?" 

"Well, to be honest, I wouldn't be against the idea," I smiled, placing a strand of hair behind my ear.

It was nerve wracking. I had to pay attention to everything he was saying and I had to give perfect answers. He looked extremely nice, but still. I needed to make sure to make a good impression.

"Perfect, now, I know you've shown Martin one of your tracks," he said, leaning on the table, "Would you mind showing me that track?" 
"No, of course not," I smiled, grabbing my phone and my earphones.
"It's amazing, just wait and see," Martin grinned, which made me smile even wider.

I gave him my phone and pressed on play.

I was just as nervous as the first time I did that with Martin. This could determine my whole career, if I'm lucky enough to pass his test and if I'm liked by people. I was concentrated on his facial expression the whole time, but his face stayed neutral, and I didn't know if I should panic or not. Was it a good sign? Did it mean he liked it? Or maybe he was trying really hard not to show disgust so he pulled his best poker face.

Martin gave me a reassuring smile as he saw how nervous I was, and it calmed me.
For a moment I wasn't thinking about what Rick's reaction would be, I was thinking about Martin and how flawless he is.

I sound so freaking desperate it's unbelievable.

He took off the earphones I had given him a few minutes earlier and rested my cellphone on the table before turning to me.

"Melody, this is absolutely amazing, I'm guessing you know talent when you see it," he smiled, "Congratulations, I'm signing you to Spinnin' Records, you can release your first track, and if people like it, you'll be signed up for good. I haven't heard all of your tracks, but if they're all as good as this one right here, you'll go far kid,"

I put my hand in front of my mouth trying to restrain myself from screaming.

"I told you you'd make it," Martin added, "We could make a collab together one day, that'd be sick!" he grinned, making me laugh.

I nodded excitingly, feeling like crying tears of joy and this time for real.

"How long have you been making music for?" Rick asked, bringing me out of my blissful moment.

"4 to 5 years I would say,"

"Oh! Impressive, which means you can go extremely far! You've only been creating music for 4-5 years and you're already this good! Imagine just how good you can get,"
"Thank you so much, I'll work extremely hard I promise!" I thanked him, as my smile grew wider by the second.

"You're welcome, trust me, you'll go far," he smiled, standing up.

"Let's just hope people will like my tracks," 

"Of course they will, is that even a question you have to ask?" Martin added, standing up as well.

I smiled at his comment and turned to Rick.

"Well, it was really nice meeting you Melody! Congratulations once again, I'll be sure to see you soon," I expected a handshake this time, but he still pulled me into a hug.

"Congratulations," Martin smiled, offering a hug, which I gladly accepted.

I stayed starstruck for a moment, I was hugging my idol. I was hugging Martin Garrix. It felt like time had stopped, there I was in his arms and it just felt like I was on top of the world. The smell of his cologne overwhelmed me and I just didn't want to let go. Sadly our hug lasted for few seconds before he pulled back, smiling. 

"I have time today, want to hang out?" he proposed, grinning.

Is that really a question? I think the answer is pretty obvious, I mean come on Martin. I didn't think twice before nodding, and followed him out of the restaurant. 

So, let me just sum up ever thing that has happened so far today. First, let me just say that it's 10:30 in the morning, the day is young, and I've accomplished more in an hour and a half than I usually do in a month. 
I just met Martin Garrix for the 3rd time, and I've always wanted to at least see him, at least once. I just got a hug from him, which felt unreal. I smelled his cologne, and now I get to hang out with him for the 3rd time in less than a week.
I got compliments from him? Since when do I get compliments from celebrities? Not just any celebrity to be precise, Martin freaking Garrix. 

And last but not least, I met his manager and got signed to Spinnin' Records.

Like I keep saying, it's too good to be true, or maybe I'm just paranoid and not used to it.
it's cliché.