■ 21 ■

{a.n: that's mel if you were wondering, it's AnnaSophia Robb:) and enjoy this superrrr long chapter ily}

I rushed to my locker, excited to leave class. People were hardly fitting in the tiny corridors of my school and everyone was hurrying to get the f out of this place.

I opened my locker and put my books on the tiny shelves, suddenly noticing that something was not right.
Blue cups were standing on one of my shelves wrapped in plastic bags.
I don't remember putting blue cups there, and unless you knew the combination, you couldn't put something this big in my locker.

Odd.

It must have something to do with the party.

Oh, no shit, really? Good job Melody!

Maybe someone from the party knows my combination and put them there for an unknown reason.

I decided to leave them there and ignore it. They're just cups.

Speaking of the party, it was this week, and I felt like it really wasn't a great idea to go, but I felt like it. I haven't been invited to many parties in all my years of high school, and I knew Payton only invited me because of Martin, but I wanted to go, so I will.

I walked out the glass doors and headed home.

I lived a few streets away from my school, so I could easily walk. I took out my phone from my pocket and texted Em to ask her if she was invited.
Chances are she was, because she's way more popular than me and she's friends with everyone, but I still didn't want to be left alone at the party, in case Martin is too busy getting his ass kissed by a bunch of girls from my school. I'm that type of girl who awkwardly follows her friends around at a party or the one who plays with the dog the whole time.

But anyway, I still wanted to go to a party for once. I've been to like 2, and one of them was my cousin's birthday party, and the other was the party Em threw for her Sweet 16. I had wifi so I was on tumblr the whole time. Yay me.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

"No."

"Aw, come on, Mel, you look gorgeous!" Em replied, throwing her hands in the air.

"I look like a prostitute,"

I examined my reflection in Emily's bedroom mirror and sighed at the tiny piece of fabric covering my body.
It was a black dress that was tightly sticking to my body like a second skin. It showed too much skin for me. It had long sleeves, but it was so tight and my back was half exposed. Although I looked like I had curves for once, I was uncomfortable wearing it. It made me look different from how I usually look wearing clothes that are too big for me.

"It actually fits you for once," Em remarked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, maybe, but if I bend down even a little my whole butt will stick out,"

"Then don't bend down?" Em replied, but it came out more like a question.

"Oh okay, sure," I replied sarcastically, "I won't move the whole time so that people don't get the perfect view of my ass, it's settled then!"

She shook her head and ignored what I had just said.

"Seriously, look at you, you're hot,"

"I could look hot without being mistaken for a stripper? Yeah?"

"It's 2015, half the girls would wear this to church,"

I furrowed my eyebrows and chuckled, "Suuuuuure,"