■ 10 ■

A bunch of girls began screaming behind me at the sight of Martin, which made me giggle.
He grabbed my hand to lead me through the crowd, which wasn't his best idea, because obviously some people recognized him and started freaking out. Once we finally escaped the crowd of fangirls, we got back stage and I had to pinch myself a couple of times to realize that I wasn't dreaming.

I looked around me, as excitement rose in all my movements.

"I can't believe I'm here, I'm freaking out right now," I smiled wider, looking around.
The music was so loud, and I just felt like losing myself in it right here and now. 

"I know right, I still haven't gotten used to that feeling yet," Martin replied, "You better be in the crowd when I'm on stage,"
"Of course I will, is that even a question?" I asked, playfully rolling my eyes

"I'll miss this place so much, I've had such a wonderful time so far," I said, suddenly thinking about tomorrow morning.
"You'll have even more fun tonight,"

Yes, I had a feeling that I would.

"I know, but still, I'm leaving tomorrow and-
"Wait, you're leaving tomorrow?" he asked, his smile slowly fading.

"Well yeah, I thought you knew,"

"No, I didn't," he replied, looking down, "I guess we really have to make tonight count," he smiled, looking up to meet my gaze.
I nodded, smiling.

It really broke my heart to leave tomorrow. Usually I'm tired of not being at home after less than a week of being on a trip, now I didn't want to go home, not at all. What would happen to Martin and I? I know to him we're only friends, but I don't want to never see him again.

"I need to get on stage in less than 5 minutes, are you ready to have the time of your life?" he grinned, taking my hand to lead me closer to where the DJs were playing their music.

At the moment it was Hardwell, and it gave me goosebumps just listening to his music, and to be that close. I could see the crowd from the DJ's point of view from where I was. To see them all genuinely happy like they all were right now was indescribably breathtaking. Their smiles were so genuine, you could tell only from looking at their facial expressions that they were having the time of their lives. That's what I want to do.
I want to make people happy with what makes me happy; my music.

I want to have that power of uniting thousands of people like Martin has, like Hardwell has right now, like every other DJ has. Simply watching the scene made me happy. Being up there playing the music you've worked so hard to create must be something money can't buy. I was losing control, I was filled with so much happiness, I had forgotten that time existed for a moment, and before I knew it, Martin was on stage, speaking into the microphone.

"What's up Florida?" he yelled, bringing me back to reality.

I smiled, as the crowd screamed in union.

"Before I start, I want to introduce you to a really close friend of mine," 

I stared at him, confused. Who could he possibly bring up there?
Oh no.

"Melody, get up here!" he said through the microphone, turning to me, receiving screams from the crowd.
I quickly shook my head, not sure of what was going on.

He came down the few stairs that was between him and I and grabbed my arm, bringing me up the stairs.

"Martin, what are you..." I trailed off, suddenly finding myself being the centre of attention in front of this huge crowd of people. I'm talking approximately ten thousand people. I couldn't fully see the back, it was filled with people. No matter where I looked, people were there. They were all here for the same reason, and that reason was because they wanted to lose themselves to the music.

I gasped, slowly turning to Martin.

"She's really talented and new to this whole thing, and I had the privilege of hearing a track no one has ever heard before, but tonight you guys have that same privilege," he smiled, looking at me.

"Martin, I-I don't think I can do this," I whispered, not looking away from the enormous crowd.
"Yes, you can, I believe in you," he whispered, putting his arm around my shoulder, "Show them what you're capable of,"

"Melody Benson everyone," he screamed through the microphone, giving me a warm smile afterwards.
The crowd screamed, waiting for me to play my track.

"I'll be back when you're done, don't worry," he whispered, bringing me closer.

I nodded as he slowly headed down the stairs

I inhaled and looked at the equipment in front me. It was much more complicated than what I had at home. Thankfully I knew every track of mine really well, but I still was extremely nervous and I didn't want to make them wait. I put the headphones that were displayed next to me and exhaled.

I guess I'll just wing it.

Here we go.