Chapter 26

Day 5

The next morning, we woke up, and got ready to go eat at Cracker Barrel for a change.

After a delicious breakfast of bacon and biscuits, we decided to head back to the house to get some school done.

Ryder is acting a little different, sorta, sad.

"Ryder, what's wrong?"I ask.

He tightens his grip on the steering wheel, "Deep in thought, I guess."

"Well, whatcha thinking 'bout?"

"I need to tell you something."

"Ok?"

This really isn't like him. He is all tense and his eyebrow is creased with worry.

"I can't tell you. I'll have to show you."

"Well, where do we need to go? It's obviously bothering you."

"Ok. Well, it would be an overnight trip." He glances at me, taking his eyes off the road.

"That's fine with me."

"Well let's go home and we can pack and I'll make a hotel reservation."

"Ok. Where are we going?"

"Miami."

+++

After we arrived at home, packing went by in a blur. Ryder said to pack for two nights, just incase we decided to hang out there. Being the overachiever I am, I packed for three nights, causing me to have two suitcases.

"Ryder, help me with these!" I call into the intercom.

I hear his feet patter from the end of the hallway, and approach my door. I hide behind my two suitcases, hoping to scared him.

"You in here?"Ryder asks, glancing around the room, I peek between the small crack between the suitcases.

He approaches the suitcases, and attempts to pick them up, but not before I scared the crap out of him. I jump up, and he screams.

I roll to the floor, clutching my stomach from hysteria. This is so great!

"You scared the heck out of me!" Ryder exclaims with a stern facial expression.

"That was priceless!"

"You'll think priceless," Ryder grumbles picking up the suitcases. "What do you have in these bags anyway? And two bags?"

"I always pack for any occasion."

"You sure do," He mumbles under his breath.

I roll my eyes at his remark and follow him to the elevator. We load his car with soft drinks, junk food, and Taylor Swift albums ready for the two and a half hour drive to Miami.

"You know Bryn, there's a lot you don't know about me," He glances at me through the corner of his eye.

"So secretive are we?"

"It's just something about my past I don't like to bring up."

We continue in silence, well sorta silence I guess... Taylor Swift fills the car.

"I'm hungry!" I say, spotting a row of fast food places.

"Ok. Where to?"

"Jack's!"

"I was hoping you would say that." He grins. "Let's just go through the Drive Through. That way we can get there in two hours."

"Sounds good to me. I look too ratchet to get out of the car."

"Don't say that about yourself. You are absolutely beautiful and nothing anyone tells you, or your mind tells you, is true if it says you are anything less." He stares me in the eye with a look I cannot place. It's a look of admiration, gentleness, but at the same time, stern. Like he is trying to get the point across to me.

But there is another expression I cannot place, and it makes my heart pound violently in my chest. My ears feel warm, and I feel tingly all over.

I don't really know what to say to that. Thank you? Shut up? I know, that's what all the guys tell me?

"I know you can't stop staring at my undying beauty, but keep your eyes on the road," I joke.

"You're right, I can't," His lips turn up into a small smile.

"Seriously though, watch the road." I roll my eyes.

"Aye, aye captain!"

For the sake of Sponge Bob, I say, or more like yell, "I can't hear you!"

Ryder gets where I'm going, and plays along, "Aye, Aye Captain!"

"Oh!" And we sang the whole song, intro thingy, until we had to order our food.

Whatever Ryder has to tell me, must be important. It must be sad or something, because be had never brought it up, but I know this: wherever I am, or whatever we do on this road trip, will be nothing but fun!

But it does bother me... A lot about what he has to tell me. What in the world could it be, if he had to show me?

+++

Dun dun dun!

1.) Oh my gersh! You don't even know how long I have waited to write this chapter! I cannot wait to write the next one!

2.) What could be Ryder's secret? Given the clues from this chapter, think about it.

3.) Road Trip! Fun? I think yes! Or, given the circumstances, maybe not...

4.) I have a major dilemma. So there's this guy. He's super cute, and everything I could ever dream of. We are super close. He's told me things that he's never told anyone else. The only thing is, is that he's in love with someone else. It's heartbreaking, really. His name is Ryder Henderson.

Haha

Ok....

Question- have you gotten any snow this year? Last night was our first, so we've been playing out in it last night and today. I made a super cute Olaf. It took me like 3 hours. How did Elsa do it in like 2 seconds!?

Until next time?
-Kloe