Chapter 27

"Bryn, we are at the hotel," He nudges my shoulder.

I groan, stretching my limbs, "How long have I been asleep?"

"I guess about thirty minutes," He shrugs, opening his door, and rushing around to open mine.

"Thank you," I yawn.

We check in, and the clerk gives us a disapproving look. I guess I would too if I saw a fifteen and almost seventeen year old enter a hotel, sharing a room. Ryder puts our bags down and stretches put on the couch, playing his phone.

"So, what's the plan?" I ask, plopping down beside him.

He doesn't look up from his phone when he responds, "Maybe we could freshen up and then go to the place I need to show you."

"Ok. That's fine with me," I give him a small smile, but he doesn't see it, because he is giving the phone a death glare. Dude, your phone hasn't done anything to you. "Ryder?"

"Hmm?"

"Whatever you have to show or tell me, won't damage our relationship. I love you, and nothing will ever change that."

"You don't know what you are saying, doll." He grimaces.

"Yes I do."

"You really don't. I have a really dark past. I doubt you will ever want to be around be again. Let alone live in the same house as me."

"Ryder, the past doesn't have to define you. It leaves scars, but it is battle scars. I don't know the circumstance, but whatever it is, know that you aren't the same person you were."

"How do you know that Bryn?" He asks, eyes brimming with tears.

"Because I just do. Let's get going!" I say, trying to brighten the mood, because, honestly, he's breaking my heart right now. Seeing him in so much pain, hurts. A lot.

Ryder stands up with me, and we head down to the car.

He doesn't seem like he's in the greatest mood to talk, so I plug my phone up to the radio to even out the silence. After a few songs, "Crush" by David Archuleta comes on. I remember when I was like seven and he was on American Idol. He was my first celebrity crush. How ironic! I quietly sing the lyrics, soaking in his voice.

I peek a glance at Ryder. I've never really thought about it, but dang. He is hot!

Why did I just think that?! What is wrong with me?

It's this darn song isn't it? It's trying to make me have a crush on him. How weird would that be? Me, have a crush on Ryder Henderson? When food rains from the sky, will be the day I have a crush on him.

It happened in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs...

It's not that I don't like Ryder, I do. He's great! Funny, loving, caring, passionate, gorgeous, amazing, perfect.

Did I say gorgeous?!

Hormones. That's all it is.

Right?

"Bryn, I need to run in here a quick second. Just wait here." Ryder jumps out of the car, heading into the flower store. The flower store? Why is he heading into the flower store of all places?

Before I could ask him why he was going into a flower shop, he was already out of the car and in the store.

Three minutes and forty-two seconds later, he came out with two bouquets of light pink roses and white tulips,"I got some for you too," He says disdainfully.