Chapter 4

"Brynlee Laria Aultman! What do you think you are doing?!" Mom grabs my arm, pulling me to the side.

"Mom. Will was being a jerk like he always is and he was threatening me. Hudson saw it, and he punched him. I was scared and so I hugged him in a friend-way."

"Ok. Whatever," her face brightened, "we need to go now to see your fiancé!"

I groaned in protest, but she just pulled me along.

Once we arrived at Ryder's mansion, my parents drug me to the front door.

"Don't we need to knock?" I asked as she began to open the door.

"Charlene told me to just come on in." She turned to me, placed her hands on my shoulders, and said, "I want you to do the right thing tonight. Don't make a fool of yourself."

"Fine."

"Char? Andrew? We're here!"

A stunning woman appeared through the corridor. She looked no more than forty years old. Her chestnut hair lay curled perfectly on her shoulders. "I'm so glad you are here! Ryder is upstairs in his room. Would you mind getting him for me?"

WHAT?!!!? NO. I WILL NOT GO UPSTAIRS TO THIS EVIL PERSON'S LAIR TO GET HIM.

I glare at my mom because that can usually scare people and make me not have to do what they want me to.

Just my luck, she glares right back at me pointing her eyes at the stairs.

That's my cue to start walking.

There are about ten doorways in the hallway that led from the stairs.

I'm guessing his room is the one that says "RYDER'S ROOM. LEAVE NOW. IF YOU REALLY NEED ME, KNOCK"

Well, I guess I really need him. Right as I was moving towards his to his door to knock, I tripped. Stupid shoes. I knew I shoulda worn flats instead of heels. Before I hit the floor, something wrapped it's arms around me, pulling me up.

I came face to face with a shirtless, hot, guy.

My eyes bulged as round as donuts.

Lord, you added way too much hotness to this person when you created him.

"Um hi?" I asked my voice coming out as a higher pitch than normal. I took a step back from him.

"Who are you?" He questioned in an annoyed time. Dang it. He must be one of those hot-jerks.

"I'm Brynlee. Your mom sent me up here to get you."

"Oh. Well, tell her I'll be down in a minute."

"Okayyyyy." I spun around and began to make my way back down stairs...away from him.

Before I could start my way, he grabbed my arm. I tensed up. "Wait." I did a 180 to look him in the eye. "I'm Ryder."

"I wouldn't have guessed." I retorted while I strutted my way down the steps.

"Brynlee, where is Ryder?" Mrs. Sharlene asks as I enter the great room, ready to get some relief for my feet. I spot a nice comfy looking leather couch and make my way towards it.

"Oh, you mean your shirtless, jerk son? He's coming down in a minute. He's putting on a shirt." I respond smiling sweetly sinking into the plush leather couch.

"Brynlee! You can't say that to people. Apologize immediately." My mother scolds me.

I peek a glance at Mrs. Charlene, I have to admit. I feel 0.00000001% bad. She looks as if she might faint. Seriously though, suck it up.

"Mother, why would I apologize for something that is completely true?"

Mom's face flushed as bright as a tomato. She might as well grow two horns on the side of her head, like the devil. "Brynlee Laria Henderson." She grits her teeth as she says my name. Only, THAT'S NOT MY NAME. SHE JUST ADDED RYDER'S LAST NAME TO MY NAME. Holy crap, woman!

"Mother. My name is Brynlee Laria Aultman, incase you forgot, I am your daughter. I'm not married."

"Brynlee. Why don't we step outside for a minute?"

"Fine with me." I honestly don't care what she has to say. Let her talk. I speak my mind and if she doesn't wanna hear it... she will just have to deal with it. She claims I have no filter, she's right about that.

"Brynlee. I want you to be on your best behavior. You need to make a good impression. These people will be your in-laws in five years." She tells me when we step outside.

Right now, she needs to get off my case. To do that, I have I play along... as of right now, "Fine. I will try to be nice." Key word: TRY.