Chapter 17

(This starts when Bryn and Ryder saw Hudson at the restaurant)

Ryder's POV
I knew from the beginning that today would be a different day. Something is happening to me. Every time I am around Bryn, I feel-different I guess? She does something strange to me, it's different than the other girls I dated. Maybe it is because I'm around her day in and day out. Maybe it is because she feels like a sister to me. Maybe it is something more. The thought of my feelings being something more, scares me. It sends tingles to my head, yet envelopes me with joy. I'm too afraid to accept the facts. I might be falling for Bryn.

"What are you two doing? Are you all alone?" Hudson snaps me out of my thoughts. Hudson? What is he doing here? He works here now?

Brynlee bounces on one foot obviously, uncomfortable with the situation, "Yes, we are all alone."

"Like on a... Date?" Hudson trembles, his face is as pale as a Maltese puppy.

"Yes. We are on a date." She says. I need to jump in, help make the terribly awkward conversation, not as awkward. Plus, we are holding up the line and people are staring.

Hudson's jaw literally drops,"Are you two, like together?"

"Yes. We are, do you have a problem with it?"

"I don't believe you Brynlee. I don't think you two are together."

"We are. Aren't we Ryder?" Put me on the spot, why don't you Bryn? This woman can give 'the eye,' and it's pretty scary. The way she is glaring at me right now screams, 'I will personally kill you in you sleep if you do not agree with me.' How I got all of that, from one glare? It's when you spend so much time with a person, you know their every thought.

"Yeah. This is out first official date." I assure with a tiny, forced smile, "Are you going to take our order?"

+++

"Thanks for covering for me back there." Bryn says, a whisper of a smile hinting to show.

"No problem. That's what I'm here for right?" I don't know why, but it comes out semi-bitterly. I grip the steering wheel of the car to brace myself for her anger, or either sadness.

Shock and confusion. She obviously doesn't understand where that came from, as did I.

A piece of her chocolate hair falls in front of her eye, "I didn't mean it like that." I say.

"What did you mean it like then?"

"I don't know, ok? I just sometimes feel like I am here to fix everything."

"You're not. You're my best friend." For the first time since she saw Hudson, she smiles. Not a halfhearted smile, but a 'drop dead gorgeous' smile, that makes my knees go weak. If I wasn't already sitting down, I would need to. I totally just got friend zoned though. Yay me. As long as I am with her, I can win her over for me. I still have four and a half years to make her fall for me. I can work with that.

"So are you, babe." I smirk at 'babe'. She rolls her eyes, and tells me to turn on some music.

After plugging in my phone for some more Taylor Swift, 'Our Song' comes on. Thank you Taylor, I might can work some magic from this song.

"Let's act it out!" Bryn giggles, when she hears the intro.

I chuckle, "Ok."

"I was riding shot gun with my hair undone in the front seat of his car. He's got a one hand feel on the steering wheel and the other on my heart," Brynlee sings it, and I put my hand on her thigh. "I look around, turn the radio down," She literally turns down the radio, "He says-"

And I cut in, to sing the male part, even though it doesn't do that in the song, "Baby is something wrong?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking how we don't have a song."

Thinking quickly I decide to make up words, to fit us, even if we aren't an us, "Our song is the crying late nights, holdin' you close so you know I'm there. When we are playing games, and I let you win, cause it's cute when you think you beat me. Our song is the way you laugh. Your nose crunches up and your hair falls in your face. And when I go home, fore' I said 'amen' asking God if He could, play it again." I sheepishly grin at her when I finish-hoping it didn't suck too bad.

"Ryder-I didn't know you could sing! That was the cutest thing ever! You are the bestest friend anyone could ever have!"

Great. I didn't just get friend zoned, I got 'bestest' friend zone. Yippee!

"Where you wanna go next?" I ask, hoping to break my longing of...her.

"Surprise me!" She says with a childish voice.

"As you wish." I smirk at her, and begin our way to a park, which has a gorgeous pond, waterfall, and wooden swings-perfect for pictures. Not that I'm a stalker or anything.

MERRYYYYYY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! I decided to give you a all an update on Christmas Eve instead of tomorrow, because knowing most people, they are all up waiting to hear Santa *wink wink* but seriously. I can't go to sleep!!!

Was this not amazingly cute!? I loved writing in Ryder's POV... It made me happy. Ahaha

And when he made up the words for 'Our Song'... I had many feels.

Sooo...

VOTE, COMMENT, FANGIRL, AND DO WHATEVERRRRRR

-Your elf that loves you very much... You Cotten Headed-Nini-Muggins (hehe)