Chapter 30

(Back in Brynlee's POV)

"Have you asked the front desk if we can stay one more night?"

"Crap. I didn't. We can on our way out."

"Ok. Are you sure what I am wearing is okay?" That dimwit wouldn't tell me what to wear! Like, what am I supposed to get ready for?

So, I stayed safe and decided it would be a better to be a little over dressed than underdressed. Thankfully, I packed my cream lace skater dress with some wedges in case I had to get ready for something. (I didn't guess it would be a freaking surprise. I hate surprises!)

"Bryn, you look beautiful. I might have to hit a few guys so they can keep their eyes to themselves." He smirks with a really weird googily eyed expression. What's up with that?

But to be honest, the way he is smiling and the way he is acting makes me tingle all inside.

Part of me is scared to accept the fact, because if I say it, it makes it true. If it becomes true, I'll have to deal with so much heart ache, because he wouldn't feel the same about me. If I just keep pushing it away, maybe it will go away.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes.

"Are you ready?"

"Sure. We need to reserve the room for another night."

"I'll call later." He is such a freaking procrastinator. I'm not one to be talking, but the room will be gone.

"No. We need to go to the front desk right now and get the room."

"Fine," He picks up his keys brides opening the door. "What would I do without you?" He wraps his arms around my shoulders.

"You'd be utterly lost." Push feelings away. Push feelings away.

"You are so right, love." He needs to stop calling me love. Hormones are so real. Ugh!

He pushes the elevator button, and we head to the front desk. "Play along with this," He whispers as we approach the same lady that gave us a look when we came in a few days ago. "Hey! Can my girlfriend and I keep our room for an extra night?"

Like I said. He is a dimwit.

Her face darkens as she glances between us. She looks to be about forty something and she obviously disapproves, "What is your room number?"

"Room 464." I pipe up.

"I can't accommodate that."

"What about another room?" Ryder questions.

"We are booked." She says disdainfully.

Ryder turns to me, "Well that sucks Bryn. I guess we will just have to go somewhere else."

"Aren't you two a little young to be by yourself?" She questions.

"Well, not really. In a way, I guess. We have permission to be here if that's what you are wondering." Ryder answers.

"I get that all the time. Go on home." She rolls her eyes, returning back to her computer.

I'm not going to let this woman boss us around. Like, who is she to tell us where we can or can't stay? "Listen. We are in an arranged marriage. We will pay you extra for a room."

"Oh. Umm ok." Seriously lady?

We pay for the room and head to the car.

"You are no fun, Bryn." He pouts.

"What do you mean?"

"I was going to say that you are pregnant," He throws his head back in laughter.