Chapter 32

To say our first date was fantastic, would be an understatement. "Italiano Amore" had the best food, and the environment in itself was movie worthy.

After dinner, we decided to return back to the hotel to grab some blankets so we could spend our last night in Miami, on the beach.

Now, the stars are just beginning to come out. As the sky darkens, the sand glows brighter. The reflection of the moon and stars glitter in the calm waves. Tonight is a truly magical night.

The waves lap soothingly on the beach; I snuggle up to Ryder, enjoying his company.

He pulls me into his lap, and I I lean back, nesting my head in the crook of his neck.

I feel his chest shake against my back and I glance up at him while he chuckles, "What's so funny?"

"Our lives." He replies with a twinkle in his eye.

"What do you mean?"

"I hated you when I met you," Ryder sheepishly grins.

"I told your mom that you were a 'shirtless jerk'," I giggle.

Ryder's face lights up, "You did what?"

"I told your mom-"

"My mom?" He laughs.

"Yes, your mom," I chuckle, remembering the night we first met.

"Well, when you stood up for yourself, I hated you less. If that helps," I shiver, and he wraps me in his arms.

"I hated you less when you acted like a human, instead of a pig."

"A pig?!"

"Yes a pig!"

"You're gonna regret that." Ryder mischievously grins.

"Wha- what do you mean?" I try to scramble from his lap, but his arms encase me.

"The tickle monster may be paying you a visit."

"Ryder! No!" I begin panicking. Not legit panicking, but the "I'm about to die from being tickled" panicking.

Ten minutes later, I finally get Ryder to stop. I may or may not have told him that I had just peed.

"I love you Bryn," Ryder whispers in my ear.

"I love you too," I sigh and glance down at his lips.

I don't know why I just thought of this, or why I haven't thought of this. Why wouldn't I think about this?!

I want my first kiss to be with him.

And I want to kiss him so bad right now.
I can't make the first move though.
He is going to have to do it.

Or do I? Who makes the first move? The girl or guy?

I think the guy always makes the first move in books.

I think Ryder is thinking the same thing.

Ok. Change that. I know Ryder is thinking the same thing.

He carefully places one hand on the small of my back and the other on my cheek, drawing me closer to his lips.

Part of me is throwing a party, the other part of me is freaking out because, what if I have garlic breath? What if I am a terrible kisser?

His nose tickles mine and his fingers caress my cheek.

In this moment, I feel fragile and vulnerable, but I feel brave and strong at the same time.

Everything washes away when I feel his warm lips brush against mine.

Every book or movie I have ever read or seen could not have prepared me for this. And America and Tris say Maxon and Tobias are amazing kissers?

That would be a lie.

Ryder is the best kisser in the entire world.

My heart is about to explode in my chest!

He pulls back for air and though it may sound slightly desperate, I don't want him to stop.

"I never would have bet we would fall for each other." Ryder whispers huskily.

"Me either," I lean my forehead up against his.

"I never thought love could be arranged to last forever, but I do know I will never stop loving you."

"And I'll never stop loving you."

Through these last few months, I never would have dreamed I would find love. But, I was proven wrong. I guess love can be arranged to last forever.