Chapter 2

"Why can't you just let me go to prom? I've waited on this for years!" Currently, I am attempting to talk parents into at least letting me go to prom, I'm not rebelling about meeting Ryder. (That will come at another time.) I'm just trying to get to Prom.

"But that's the night you are meeting Ryder." My mom says, no dip Sherlock.

"Senior Prom happens once. I can meet him any day... can I not do it Saturday? Or even after prom? How about Thursday?"

Mom and Dad have a short, silent conversation with their eyes.

"Brynlee we will see what we can do, but Charlene and Andrew might object." Dad leans forward in his chair, folding his hands as he does so.

Why does everything have to be so darn difficult?

*+*

"Sure, Char. I'll tell Robbie. See you then!" My mom hangs up the phone with a smile on her face.

"Brynlee, will you go get your dad for me?"

I jump up from the plush couch and sprint to my dad's office.

"Dad, Mom needs to tell you something."

"Alright Bryn calm down."

I stand outside the door of Mom's lounge peeking through the glass doors while they decide discuss the obvious topic.

"You can go to prom, but afterwards we will pick you up to meet Ryder."

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so freaking much!" I ecstatically jump up and down, tackling them with a bear hug.

+*+

The few days while waiting for prom, consisted of mood swings galore. I would be crying one minute, loosing myself in books, and then the next I would be jumping up and down ecstatic for prom.

Mom and Dad remembered I actually had feelings; they surprised me with my favorite candy and drinks. They fixed a basket with a few movies, 3 Musketeers (like 2 fun size bags), and tons of Dr.Peppers. That's a way you can lift my mood n

So, back to today, we had no school today, because it's Prom and my school makes a huge deal about it.

Not only is it my Senior Prom, I am meeting my "fiancé" today. Crap, I might throw up now. The thought just makes me sick. I'm 17 and I have a fiancé.

Brianna took me to get my hair and make up done, I made sure to tell the makeup stylist to go light on the makeup. (I can't stand it when people put so much on, that they look like a clown.)

The stylist curled my hair and twisted into an elegant, messy, side bun, with soft curls framing my face.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the way I turned out.

Even though our school makes a huge deal about prom, it's more like a dance in the gym. Yes, they decorate and everything.  I waited foe the limo to pick me up, and Mom and Dad are picking me up later to meet Ryder. Shoot, I shouldn't have just thought about that. Talk about nerves...

I hop out of the limp ready to enjoy Prom and forget about Ryder, at least for a little while.

"Oh my gosh Brynlee! You look gorgeous!" My best friend, Ava Claire gushes. Her dress is midnight blue satin, about 4" above the knee, silver paisley gems cover the bodice with a sweetheart neckline. Her auburn hair hangs in loose curls at her waist.

"You look stunning Ava, I bet Bryan will ask you for a dance. No doubt about it."

Her face flushes, "you really think?"