Chapter 13

Six Months Later...

Through the past six months, everyone's relationship has grown a lot. Charlene, or Aunt Char, she insists I call her, has become like a mom to me.

Mom and I... Are still not as close as we once were. Things are getting better though.

Dad and Andrew are always at work, or on business trips for their oil business, so we never see them.

Mine and Ryder's relationship has grown drastically. Thinking back to when I first met him, makes me laugh at how far we have come. Ryder is my best friend. I lost all of my other friends on Prom night, because I was too afraid to tell them about the arranged marriage. So, through the past six months, not only has Ryder been there for me as a brother, but as a best friend.

Mine and Hudson's relationship is a little rocky at the moment. He comes over all the time to hang out and we go on dates at least once a week, that's good and all... But there is definitely something that is bothering him. I think that he is just nervous because "L" word hasn't come up yet. If he doesn't say it soon, I will; I love that boy.

As for Ryder and Hudson, they are seriously best friends. When I asked them to try to get along, I didn't realize they would end up being best friends.

As of right now, things at home couldn't be better. Sometimes Ryder would take me out somewhere, to the movies or something, so it would look like we were a couple. Free food and movies... What's wrong with that?

"Brynlee! Sonny's here!" I smile at Ryder's nickname for Hudson, as he calls through my door.

"Ok! I'll be right there, " I head to the video-game-room, the place we always meet, and enter seeing Hudson looking very frustrated sunken into the couch, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Us." He stands up, and paces towards me.

"What do you mean us?" I ask my heart sinking.

"I always feel like I'm the guy out, I'm just your friend. Or, I'm just Ryder's friend. Why are we not like all the other couples?"

"Because, Hudson. We can't be like all the other couples. Please remember, I engaged."

"This is not fair to me. Or to you."

"You don't have to tell me that! I don't want this anymore than you do!"

His face drops, "Us being a couple?!"

"No! The arranged marriage! The secretive relationship!"

"Then maybe we don't need one." He says without expression on his face.

I can hear my heart shattering, just like a vase a kid breaks, "So, since you are selfish, we will break up?"

"Me? Me! I'm the one being selfish?!"

"Yes! Yes you are!"

"I'm so done here. Bye!" He turns on his heels and storms off, leaving me alone to wallow in my misery.

He slams the door on the way out; I won't get upset over him. If he is not willing to fight for me, I'm not willing to fight for him.

I pick up my phone to call Brianna, after a few rings she picks up, "Hey sis!"

"Hey Bri. Can... Can I come over?"

"Of course! Is everything ok?" She asks full of concern.

"Um... No..."

"Ok. I'll be there in ten. Are you spending the night?"

"Is that ok with you?"

She laughs, "Duh! You're my little sister!"

"Ok. Let me tell Mom. Bye!"

After communicating with Mom through the intercom, she told me I could go to Bri's, but to text her when I get to her house.

I hear a horn honking in the driveway, and quickly make my way out of the house, "Hey Bri." I say with a small smile, opening the car door.

"What's wrong?" She asked when I closed the car door.

"Let's talk about it when we get to your house."

She nodded her head in agreement, and turned on the radio, and Fifteen by Taylor Swift fills the car. I loose myself in the song, and when the song goes off, I realize I had been crying. Five minutes later, we are at Bri's house, and I numbly enter the small cottage.

"Spill." Bri commands, pulling me onto the couch beside her.

"Hudson broke up with me."

He face contorts in utter shock and confiscation, "What! Why?"

I begin explaining to her, the past hour, that results in the pain I feel now. By the end, she just says, "He is not worth your time."

"Well... It doesn't really matter now..."

"Yes. Yes it does. Let me tell you something Kaelin Taylor told me once. Think of you heart as a ruby. A ruby, is deep in the earth. It takes miners time and effort to reach the ruby. Your heart is not something to just be handed over. A man should work hard for it! If Hudson, or just any guy, is not willing to take the time and effort in pursing you, for your heart, he does not deserve it."

+++

OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!!!!!!!!! We hit 1K!!!! As promised, an early update!

A lot happened here!

1.) HUDSON BROKE UP WITH BRYN?! WHAT? I was shocked too... But in the end, it will help the story! Don't hate me please!

2) we had a 6 month time jump! What did you think of that?

3.) Brianna just spouted out some good wisdom! Someone told me the ruby analogy Sunday, when our youth group girls were talking about boys, giving your heart away, and all that... So I thought I'd share that gem of wisdom (lol ruby... Gem... HAHA)

4.) I have no idea... Ok so this is it!

Vote! Comment!
-Kloe