Chapter |18|

I mean it's a chapter full of words 😀👍

Idk why but I strongly dislike this chapter 💀 However I'm too lazy to both rewrite and proofread so like 😀 if u see any mistakes go ahead and lemme know :D

An important question at the end, I mean not necessarily IMPORTANT important but I would like y'all's input about Danny's hero name :D

Now onto the chappy~

————

"You got your quirk at age 10?" Izuku asked. Danny nodded in response. They were both at Izuku's house for a sleepover. Izuku had already explained his part, how he was quirkless up until he was around 14, hence why he still didn't have great control over it.

He even told him that it was All Might who had given him the quirk, and although he isn't allowed to tell anyone, he trusted Danny enough. Besides, Danny's good at keeping secrets.

He also told Danny about the bullying he grew up with, mostly by his childhood friend, Bakugou. It made his blood boil when he found out the blonde-haired teen told Izuku to jump off a roof. Nobody should be told that, and nobody should ever tell somebody that. Izuku had also said that he forgave Bakugou and that part of the reason he acts as he does is because of his upbringing. Not that it excuses his behavior, especially telling Izuku to kill himself.

They both decided it would be better to share their stories at one of their houses instead of in the middle of the carnival. Danny was pretty excited since it was his first sleepover. It was also Izuku's first sleepover which made Danny realize they had quite a few things in common.

Aizawa had let him go only because he trusted Inko, and Nemuri threatened to lock him and Yamada in a room together with nothing but Harry Potter movies if he didn't allow it.

Once again, poor Yamada.

"Yeah, although nobody found out until I was 14. It was Aizawa who found out. He caught me using my quirk in public and instead of turning me in, he offered to help me become a pro hero" Danny explained. Izuku frowned slightly.

"How come you never told anybody? Did your parents at least know?" Izuku frowned, even more, when he noticed Danny flinch at the mention of his parents.

Danny began to fumble with his sleeves. He didn't know how to explain to his friend why he couldn't tell anyone, especially his parents, without explaining everything. The story of how he got his quirk and why he was so afraid to tell his parents would raise even more questions.

He's never told anyone about how he got his quirk. Not after Vlad. He's never told anyone about the abuse he spent years enduring. The one time he did try to tell someone it was his first-grade teacher. Instead of helping him, they instead shrugged it off as a lonely little quirkless kid trying to get attention. He never bothered trying to tell anyone after that.

"I-It's okay, y-you don't have to tell me! I'm sorry if it seemed like I was prying" Izuku said once he took notice of Danny's anxiety. He gave the half-ghost an apologetic look which Danny returned with a reassuring smile.

"It's ok, it's just... I've never really told anyone about this before. I mean, Aizawa knows my parents don't know about my quirk but I never told him why, nor has he asked" Danny was sure Aizawa had tons of questions to ask him but never did.

"Do you want to tell him why?" Izuku asked. It was a simple question but it took Danny by surprise. Did he want to tell Aizawa? He knew he wasn't like his first-grade teacher, he knew Aizawa would believe him. He trusted him.