Chapter |7|

Danny yelped when he was awoken by the loud shrieking of his alarm clock. He quickly turned it off before rolling onto his side and curling up in a ball.

Today was the entrance exam, the thing he had been stressing over for almost a month. His stomach was in knots, he doesn't think he'll be able to eat breakfast. He groaned and got out of bed before throwing on a long sleeve gym shirt and some athletic pants. He gathered the rest of his stuff and put it in a bag before walking out into the living room where Aizawa was cooking breakfast.

"Morning" the hero mumbled, hair in a messy bun and bags under his eyes. Danny looked similar, minus the messy bun. Danny's hair was pretty long but wasn't long enough for that.

Danny mumbled a barely coherent "morning" back. He flopped himself onto a chair and pressed his forehead against the table.

"Nervous?" Aizawa asked, already knowing the answer, as he placed down some steamed rice and a bowl of miso soup. Danny lifted his head and grabbed a spoon. He hasn't quite yet gotten the hang of chopsticks.

"Very, I know I'm used to fighting villains and stuff but what if I mess up? In front of everyone? What if I fail and I get sent back to-" Danny immediately cut himself off. He hoped Aizawa wasn't paying attention, he hoped Aizawa wasn't paying attention.

But of course, the tired hero always paid attention. He would never send Danny back to his parents. He has plenty of evidence that the Fentons are shitty parents. The minute Danny says he wants him to, Aizawa will fight for custody.

"You're not going to fail. When I see someone who genuinely wants to help people I'm not going to sit back and miss the opportunity to give this world a hero it needs. Besides, Nezu has already taken a liking to you and has no doubt already marked you as an official student of U.A" He wasn't lying, the rat has learned a lot of stories about the kid from Yamada and Nemuri. Aizawa also told him a bit about his quirk when he had given the mouse/bear/whateverthefuckhewas the glove.

Danny relaxed a bit before giving the tired hero a small smile.
"Thankyou"

"No problem kid, now hurry up and finish your breakfast. Unless you want to pass out halfway through I suggest eating all of it" Aizawa said as he sat down across from the ghostly teen. Danny groaned but took a bite of rice.

"...can I have a muffin instead?"

"No"

————

"You see that large building over there?"

"That one?"

"Yes, that's where the instructions will be told so head over there" Aizawa was half tempted to walk him there himself, since the kid had a habit of getting lost, but decided against it. He had to meet with the rest of the teachers.

"Okay, wish me luck!" Danny's nervousness had eventually turned into excitement. He was still nervous about the exam, but the thought of getting in and making friends excited him.

"You won't need it" Aizawa grinned along with Danny. Passerby's shivered at the seeming menacing grins the two had plastered on their faces. It seemed neither of them knew how to smile properly.

Danny waved goodbye before heading towards the large building. He had followed a large crowd of students so he wouldn't get lost.

"Hey man!" A cheerful voice greeted from beside him. Danny jumped a bit but turned and saw a guy around his age. He had spiked red hair and red eyes. He gave Danny a toothy grin and waved.

"O-Oh, hi!" Danny cringed at his overly cheerful greeting. The red-haired teen didn't seem to care though.

"So are you aiming for the hero course? I'm Kirishima Eijiro" He introduced.