CHAPTER 47 - GALANIS

The way Irkan change sides is so sudden. Nagawa pa nitong saktan ang kapatid para lang sabihing nagpaparaya na ito.

He went and grabbed Demitri's weak body. Bakas ang galit sa mukha ng matanda sa ginawa ng kapatid nito. Pero hindi na ito nakalaban.

"The fight is over, Nikkolai. I had enough of my brother's greediness. Take what belongs to you now." Malamig na sabi nito at inalalayan si Demitri na makatayo.

"Are you... retreating?" Ani Nikkolai. Walang pagbabago sa emosyon nito at nanatili na ang mabagsik at malamig na tingin. Naikuyom ko ang palad ko.

"This is over. We don't have any power to go against the agreement. What's written on those papers are legally binding." Irkan started to walk. Tumabi ako para bigyan ito ng daanan.

Is that it? There's no more fight? Should I be relaxed now that they finally retreating?

Nang dumaan ito sa akin ay walang kasing talim ang tingin na ibinigay sa akin ni Demitri. Kulubot ang mga noo at gilid ng mga mata dala ng katandaan nito. May dugo pa gilid ng labi dahil sa ginawa ni Irkan.

Katahimikan ang bumalot habang pinapanood namin ang dalawa na dahan-dahang naglalakad paalis ng kwarto. May kalayuan ang pintuan sa laki ng lugar at napupuno iyon ng mga librong may selyo ng mga Galanis. I glanced at the table and watch what the attorney's doing. He's preparing the transfer of assets to my name.

"Goodbye Pappou." Rinig kong sabi ni Nikkolai sa kanyang lolo. Nilingon ko ang dalawa at nasa pintuan na ang mga ito.

"This isn't..."

The time feels like it slowed down and my body's glued to the ground. The two men took their space away from us and I watched Irkan's hand slowly raising, clicking something between his fingers and a pang of pain gushed all over my body.

BANG

A loud gunshot thundered around the place and my vision started to get blurry as my body hit the wooden desk and fell on the ground.

"AMARA!" Nikkolai's voice echoed beside me and my eyes cannot see a thing. Slowly I'm starting to lose my breath.

There seems to be a loud commotion from the open doors and shadows were there. All I can see are the shadows of the people around me, starting to call my name. But I feel so numb and broken.

As seconds passed, my breathing starting to be so difficult for me. My left chest is aching so bad and I guess the bullet penetrated that part.

"No! No! Amara please wake up! Wake up baby!"

As much as I wanted to open my eyes and see his lovely orbs, I can't. It seems like the excruciating pain is pulling me on the ground even more.

I tried to open my mouth to say something but a bitter metallic taste of blood went out from me. Coughing the blood.

I was shot. By the person I thought changing sides. I should never... trust... an enemy.

"H-hang in there Amara! No! I can't lose you now!"

ZERO

The blood is all over my hands as I carry her weak body towards the car. Daniel and the others grabbed my grandfathers and pinned them on the ground. The securities quickly do their job and I can't think of them anymore.

My eyes glistened with tears and fear as Amara's starting to lose her breaths. Fuck no!

Marco opened the car and we quickly went inside. I put Amara's head on my lap and Marco quickly hit the road. There's no fucking hospital in the village! The hospitals are across the sea! And the only place I know that can help us is the ORION.