Number One Priority

Ruby Rose was walking back to Beacon Academy from a grocery store with a jug of milk.

Her team's dorm had recently ran out of milk from the fridge, so they'd picked their team leader for the job since she was usually the one drinking it.

The milk in the bag that Ruby was holding was not your typical kind of milk. In fact, it was so special the milk only came in once at any time of the year. So when Ruby read the news that the milk was back, she just had to buy it. Sure it may have been expensive to purchase, but it was worth it. She would kill for the soft and creaminess of the beverage, it was so sweet it almost like angels decided to make out with you.

The company who made it was sort of mysterious as they don't allow anyone to go into their milking plant. However, due to the popularity of the company's product, everyone ignored any suspicions. The brand logo they used were two cow horns curling towards each other to form a heart with the acronym MF, which stood for Moonlit Farms. Ruby thought the logo they used was cute, but that was irrelevant right now.

Suddenly her scroll started to ring, making her stop in front of an alleyway. She held the device in her hands and saw it was her sister calling her.

"Hey Yang!" she greeted cheerfully. "What's up!"

"Yo Rubes I heard the news! Did you get it yet?!" said her sister, who was as equally excited.

"Yep, sure did!" Ruby confirmed while also holding out some treats. "I've even paid a little extra for the candy bars."

"Oh my Gosh this is so Hype right now! Where are you at!"

"I'm almost near the airship port right now but I'll be back before you know it."

"Okay Rubes I'll see ya then."

As she put her scroll, away she noticed that there was an awful lot of people all the sudden crowding the side walk.

"Drat, guess I'll take the alley then," she said to herself while taking said path.

She usually didn't go through places like this since it made her felt a bit vulnerable. Luckily, she had Crescent Rose with her, just in case anyone tried to make a move with her.

Ruby was quite well aware that she was kind of attractive, though Yang seemed to take the highest spot for being the most gorgeous girl on her team. Nevertheless, she got some attention sometimes, mostly guys who were a bit shy to ask her out, though sometimes there were some that wanted to do more than that.

Which was why she slowly drew out her weapon, still folded, just in case.

She started to panic as she saw a boy around her age step up a few feet away from her, with (H/C) hair, a black jacket and shirt, blue jeans, and black boots, with sunglasses keeping her from seeing his (E/C) eyes, and dozens of weapons strapped to his body.

Ruby turned Crescent Rose into its scythe form, preparing for confrontation, as the boy aimed his weapon at her.

Then, he said something that caught her off guard.

"Get down."

He opened fire, and Ruby heard a screaming behind her. She spun around to see two fully grown men behind her, one of them falling to the ground, blood spraying from the bullet hole the boy had hit him with.

The other backed away in fear, before he was shot down too.

Ruby looked at the men lying dead on the ground, and turned to the boy behind her.

"What just happened?!" she said.

"I saved your life," the boy replied in a monotone voice, putting his shotgun away.