Round One

Rose petals flew behind Summer's white cape, as she stood on the cliff where her grave used to be.

She smiled as the wind blew through her hair. She had missed this.

Ruby watched her from the forest, smiling, with (Y/N) by her side. His skin and injuries had been completely repaired.

"I'm gonna go talk to her," she whispered. "Can you stay here?"

"Yeah, sure," (Y/N) said.

Ruby smiled at the surprisingly human response. "Thanks." She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, and headed to her mother.

She hadn't spoken to her in a while. After rescuing her, she got to talk to her a couple times before she had to go back to Beacon.

She stepped up beside her.

"Hey, Mom," she said.

Summer turned to her, and smiled, ruffling her hair. "Hello, my little Rose Petal."

Ruby giggled. "Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy."

"I heard," Summer nodded. "You stopped a Grimm invasion, and put Torchwick behind bars."

Ruby smiled. "Yeah. So... how's dad?"

"He's, uh, you know..."

"Dad," mother and daughter said at the same time. They chuckled.

"He's going to head back to Signal soon," Summer continued. "But he told me that he wants to go on some mission with me soon. I think he misses adventuring with me."

Ruby smiled. "I missed you too."

There was a slight pause as they looked at each other. It had been so long since they'd been together, and it was very bizarre. Especially for Summer, who hadn't seen Ruby since she was 2 years old. She barely even knew who she'd grown up to be. But she did know she was proud of her.

"Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet!" Ruby said. "So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. I keep her in line."

Summer raised an eyebrow. "'Keep her in line'?"

"That was a joke," Ruby said. "She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad!"

Summer nodded. "She always was daddy's little girl."

"Oh, Weiss and Blake are good fighters, too," Ruby said.

"Your teammates, right?" Summer said.

"Yup," Ruby said. "Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion."

Summer giggled.

"Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers."

"Oobleck?" Summer said.

Ruby nodded. "Oobleck. And you're already aware we've also stopped some bad guys, too. I guess it's like they say: 'like mother, like daughter'."

Summer smiled.

Ruby took a deep breath, finally ready to give her the crazy news. "So... you remember the terminator that saved us?"

Summer thought for a moment. "I think so... he was the one who tried to kill Slate, right? The killer robot from the future?"

Ruby nodded. "I've actually gotten a lot closer to him since we met. He's started to get a soul, and a personality. And he's learned the value of a soul. He doesn't kill people anymore. We were really close friends for a while. He's actually over there."