Ruby's Terminator

Things were looking better for everyone involved.

The milkers were arrested, and brought to trial. Their crimes were too horrible to excuse, and the evidence was shown in plain sight. Nobody even needed to be convinced they were guilty. The outcry for the horrible crime was so enormous, people gathered to burn all products related to Moonlit Farms. Even police, firemen, and Huntsmen and Huntresses joined in.

The women who'd managed to hold onto their sanity were sent back home to reunite with their families, while those who hadn't were given therapy.

Team RWBY had the best outcome.

Summer returned to Tai, and their reunion was one that brought tears to Ruby and Yang's eyes.

Yang had no trauma from her short time as a hostage. She'd had an experience of nearly being raped before, so she wasn't traumatized by what had happened. She was angered by it, of course, but not traumatized.

The worst Ruby had was nightmares here and there, but other than that, she was fine. She had very little trauma since she hadn't even been touched by the milkers, her mind and sanity were completely fine, everything was fine.

Now she just needed to figure out what to do with the terminator.

Nobody was too fond of the T-(N). They appreciated the assistance, but they weren't really thankful for it. They were just waiting for him to leave Ruby alone so everything could go back to normal.

A few days after Moonlit Farms' judgement day, Ruby stepped into her dorm, the terminator following her. Her friends weren't there. This could be the perfect time to tell him to leave.

Ruby shut the door behind the T-(N).

"So... um..."

"Is something wrong?" the terminator asked.

"Look, uh, I... appreciate your help," Ruby said. "Without you, I would be a 'cow' right now. So, I do appreciate that. But I can't have some... robot from the future... following me around. Besides, you're probably needed in the future, right? So you can just... go back to your time. I don't need you anymore."

"There is no going back," the T-(N) said.

Ruby stayed silent for a moment. "What do you mean?"

"The Time Displacement Equipment was created in the future," the terminator said. "A future where you were needed. Now that I'm in the past, there is no time machine. And now that you're safe, the time machine won't need to exist."

"So... you're stuck here?" Ruby said.

"Affirmative," the terminator said.

"Well, where did you live in your time?" Ruby asked.

The T-(N) stared for a moment, not understanding what she meant.

"You know," Ruby said. "Where was your home?"

"I didn't have a home," the terminator said.

"Oh," Ruby tapped her chin. "Then, where can you go?"

"Wherever you go," the terminator replied.

"No, no, no!" Ruby said. "I don't need a terminator! I don't want a terminator! Your mission is complete--"

"The mission was never assigned to Moonlit Farms alone," the T-(N) said. "My mission was to protect you from anything that would harm you. I am not allowed to leave you until I am destroyed."

"I don't need protecting," Ruby said. "But... I guess I can't blame you for that. You didn't give yourself this mission." She sighed. "Fine. You can stay. But we need to set some rules. Number 1: You need to give me personal space. I can't have a terminator standing next to me every second. I need my personal space. I need time to myself. Got it?"