Epilogue

Ruby stepped out of her house, her combat outfit on, and a backpack strapped to her back.

She was afraid of the journey she was about to take, especially without (Y/N), but she didn't have a choice but to take it. She'd already made her decision, and she was going to do it.

It's what (Y/N) would've wanted.

She turned around after shutting the door to see Team JNPR, all of them, standing in front of her.

"Hey," Jaune said.

"Hey, Jaune," Ruby said. "Haven's a long way to go."

"I know," he said. "It's the only way we have."

"Are you sure you want to come along?" Ruby asked.

"The journey will be perilous," Ren said, "and whether we'll find answers at the end is entirely uncertain."

"But we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it," Nora said.

"(Y/N) saved our lives," Pyrrha said. "He saved my life. There's not any path I'd rather take to make it up to him."

"Then let's get started," Ruby said.

And, with that, they were off.

It would be a long journey, but it was a journey Ruby was more than willing to take.

She had one more moment in front of (Y/N)'s grave before she left. She stared down at it, pulling (Y/N)'s sunglasses out from her pocket.

She turned back to Team JNPR, waiting for her to be ready.

Ruby nodded, and put the glasses on. They were a part of her look now. The last thing she had to remember (Y/N) by. And she was never going to lose them.

Ruby and JNPR walked off into the forest, their journey to Haven beginning.

It was the end of the beginning for them, and they weren't sure what lied ahead.

But Ruby knew for sure she wanted to do this. No matter what was going to happen, she knew this was what she had to do.

For (Y/N).

Her terminator.

Ruby Rose's terminator.

THE END