Best Day Ever

Ruby stepped into the cafeteria with (Y/N), both wearing their Beacon uniforms.

"You know, you look pretty good in that uniform," Ruby said.

"Thanks," (Y/N) said, carrying the binder he and Ruby had been working on over the past few hours.

Ruby looked for her usual table, and spotted Yang peering at something Blake was doodling.

"That's our spot!" Ruby said, making her way to the table, (Y/N) following her closely.

"I want you to put the binder on the table, okay?" Ruby whispered.

"Understood," (Y/N) said.

"Awesome!" Ruby whispered.

(Y/N) walked up to the table with Ruby, and set the binder down.

Yang looked up at him, her smile disappearing. "Oh... hey, (Y/N)."

Ruby stepped in front of (Y/N), and cleared her throat. "Sisters, friends, robot friends, Weiss."

"Hey!"

"Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream!" Ruby said.

"This oughta be good," Yang said. 

Nora tossed a grape at her, and she ate it in midair.

"Impressive catch," (Y/N) said.

Yang turned to him. "Yeah... Thanks..."

"A dream that one day," Ruby continued, "the five of us would come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had... EVER!!!"

"'Five'?" Weiss repeated. "That includes the killer robot?"

"Oh, leave my terminator alone," Ruby said.

"Wait, did you steal my binder?" Weiss said.

"I am not a crook," Ruby said. "Just ask (Y/N)!"

She turned to him, and gave him a threatening glare. (Y/N) received flashbacks from earlier.

"If you tell Weiss I stole her binder, I am going to tear you apart!" Ruby growled.

"Understood," (Y/N) said.

"So, if Weiss, or anyone else, asks if I stole her binder, what do you say?" she said.

"Ruby would never steal Weiss' binder," (Y/N) said.

"Very good!" Ruby said with a smile. "Now, let's get to work!"

Back in present day, (Y/N) rephrased the line.

"Ruby would never steal Weiss' binder," he said.

Ruby smiled at him, and turned back to her friends. "See? I'm perfectly innocent!"

"That sounded very... rehearsed," Ren said.

"No, he always talks like that," Ruby said. "But that's besides the point!"

"Then what is the point?" Blake asked.

"I mean kicking off this semester with a bang!" Ruby said.

"I always kick my semesters off with a Yang!" Yang said. "Eh? Guys? Am I right?"

"That does not compute," (Y/N) said.

Yang groaned in frustration. "No! That's not what I--" She was cut off by Nora tossing an apple at her.

"Boooo!"

"He doesn't understand puns, Yang," Ruby said. "But that's not the point! Look, guys, it's been a good two weeks, and between more exchange students arriving, and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! Better than... well... you know. But classes start back up tomorrow. Which is why (Y/N) and I took the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today!"