Search and Destroy

"Professor Oobleck?" Weiss said in complete shock.

"Yes," Oobleck spoke fast as usual as he paced in front of RWBY+T, "I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And..." He zoomed in front of Weiss, "It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!" He zoomed away.

"Uh..." Weiss turned to Blake, who seemed just as worried as she did.

"Come now, children!" Oobleck said. "According to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind... schedule!"

He dashed to the bullhead on the airship dock.

"Well, alright, then!" Ruby said, trying to stay positive. "Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck-- Okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse."

"'Save the world'?!"

Team RWBY+T turned around to see Team JNPR walking up to them.

"You're going on world-saving missions without us?!" Nora shouted. "I'm hurt... sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren!"

Ren crossed his arms and turned away.

"Sounds exciting," Jaune said. "Where ya going?"

"Southeast of Vale to take down--" (Y/N) started, before getting cut off by Ruby.

"Oh, just outside the kingdom!" she said.

"Hey! So are we!" Nora said.

"Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village," Pyrrha explained.

"We set out tomorrow," Ren said.

"Then you can party with us tonight!"

They turned to see Sun and Neptune walk up to them.

"Is everyone gathering in this specific area?" (Y/N) said.

"We're shadowing a crime specialist," Neptune continued, ignoring (Y/N). "All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."

Jaune was awestruck.

"We normally go to the city with you guys," Sun said, "which means stuff's always exploding and junk, so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know... normal."

"Well--" Ruby started.

Oobleck cut her off at the bullhead. "Four minutes, ladies!" He dashed back inside.

Everyone stared awkwardly at RWBY+T.

"Well, uh..." Ruby threw a thumbs-up. "Wish us luck!"

And with that, the group parted ways.

As Ruby climbed into the bullhead, she couldn't help glancing at (Y/N), who clearly seemed upset about something. Probably about whoever this "other girl" was.

"I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter," Yang said to Oobleck once they were in the air.

"I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles," Oobleck said.

"Like the mushroom?" Ruby said.

"Those are truffles," Blake whispered.

"Like the sprout?" Ruby said.