Never Miss a Beat

Ruby grew excited as Penny won a match.

"Come on, (Y/N)!" she said. "Let's go congratulate her!"

"Alright," (Y/N) said, standing up with her.

They walked off to find Penny. It wasn't long before they did. She was walking out of the arena with her teammate; the one Port had referred to as Ciel.

"Penny!" Ruby called.

"Ruby! (Y/N)!" Penny called back.

She ran to Ruby, and gave her a pouncing hug.

"Why...?" Ruby groaned.

(Y/N) grabbed Penny's backpack, and gently picked her up.

"Careful with Ruby," he said.

Penny hugged (Y/N). "It's good to see you too, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) turned to Ruby. "I thought hugs were lover exclusive."

"Ah, I hugged you plenty of times before we started dating," Ruby said.

Penny released (Y/N), and turned to Ciel. "Ruby, (Y/N), this is my teammate."

"Ciel Soleil," Ciel introduced herself, bowing.

"Hi!" Ruby greeted. "I'm Ru--

"Ruby Rose," Ciel said. "15. Hails from Patch. Leader of Team RWBY. Took down an entire milk factory. Status: Questionable."

Ruby stared at her awkwardly for a second. "Well... this is--"

"A terminator from the future tasked to protect you," Ciel said. "Age: Unknown. Hails from Atlas. Status: Also questionable."

Ruby cleared her throat. "Not a terminator. My terminator. And his name is (Y/N)." She turned to Penny. "Sooo... Penny! You two were incredible out there! How do you keep control of all those swords? It's so cool!"

"Penny?" Ciel said, gestures to her watch. "I believe it is best if we move on to our next location."

"Is that what I was like when you met me?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yup," Ruby said.

"Could we have just a minute to talk?" Penny asked.

Ciel checked the time, and stepped back.

"So is she... your friend or...?" Ruby asked.

"Well, in a way," Penny said. "She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you."

"Oh. So Weiss."

"Precisely," Penny said.

Ruby lowered her voice. "Does she know about... y'know... beep boop bop, does not compute?"

"Oh no," Penny shook her head. "General Ironwood doesn't really want anyone to know. There was an incident with a magnet, but I was able to play it off."

"Oh, what happened?" Ruby asked.

"Well, it got stuck on my head," Penny said.

"How did you hide it?" (Y/N) asked. "A sun hat?"

"Actually yes," Penny nodded, and she and Ruby laughed. "Guys, there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about." She glanced at Ciel, before leaning in to whisper. "I want to stay at Beacon."

"Penny, they'll never let you do that," Ruby said.

"I know, but I have a plan," Penny said.

Ciel stepped up to Penny, and tapped on her watch. "It's been precisely one minute, ma'am."

"I'll talk to you more soon, guys," Penny said. She walked off with Ciel, and waving back at them. They waved back.

Then, Port's voice was heard from the speakers. "Our next match will begin in 15 minutes!"

Ruby grew excited. "Oh my gosh, that's right! It's time for--"