seventeen

Lee Y/n's POV

"That's it for today kids!"

"What? That fast? We're already done? But I still want you here." Hyun Bae started to cry and everyone followed him.

Last year, Hyun Bae's mom and dad passed away because of a car accident, and he has nowhere to go, that is when the Police brought him here. He was crying every night, saying he misses his parents a lot, and was looking for them. One day, I asked to bring him in the Amusement Park near the orphanage and gladly after that, he tried to gain friends and speak to the other kids.

I smiled at him, "My Hyun Bae, noona will be back here next time okay? I'll promise. But for now I need to go."

He nodded and wiped his tears, everyone follows. I chuckled as they were in sync. The facilitators brought them to their rooms to rest and I saw Yeonjun walking towards me.

"You're done?" He asked smiling. I smiled back at him.

"Did I make you wait?"

"Not really. It's fine. It was good to hear the story of a Brave ant who fought the Worm." He chuckled, and I did too. It was the story I read earlier for the kids. Didn't know that he was listening

"I will pay you for accompanying me here don't worry" I said starting to walk towards Ms. Kim's office. He tilted his head in confusion, but I just ignored him. He followed.

"Nah. It's fine. You don't need to. In fact I enjoyed here." He smiled genuinely and I just shook my head and saying 'Nope'

We entered Ms. Kim's office and we saw her sitting on her table working on her papers. She looked at us and smiled.

"You're done?" She asked. I nodded and smiled back.

"We need to go now Ms. Kim. I'll comeback here next month."

She came close to me and hugged me. She also hugged Yeonjun, in which the latter gladly accepted.

"Yeonjun, would you give us a second and wait for me outside? I have something to tell her. It will be quick for sure." I asked Yeonjun and he just nod, smiled and walked out of the room.

I took out the cheque from my bag and handed it to Ms. Kim.

"Why you're giving me this?" She asked me, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Ms. Kim, I've been doing this for 5 years, why are you asking me that?" I asked her confused.

She just smiled at me and pushed my hands away from her. I became more confused of what she was doing.

"Yeonjun donated $10,000 and he also asked to signed for sponsorship for the orphanage. Yeonjun wants to sponsor the orphanage and he oath to help us raising the kids as much as he can. He also said he'll ask help for some of his colleagues to help us too. I told him he doesn't need to, but he insisted. He's a great man Y/n. I'm glad you met someone like him." She smiled and my mouth leaves an agape. I didn't find the words to say. I began to teared up thinking how much this could help the kids.

She pat my back and trying to comfort me. "He even told me not to say this to you but I have to. I can't accept your donation for now because we had so much for today. Keep that money and buy yourself a good dress, and eat healthy foods. You've been working for us for so many years. We're thankful for that, but you need to think of yourself too. Thank you Y/n. Say thankyou to Yeonjun for me too. Okay?"