1 | a silent dance

━━━━━━━ ∙ʚ♡ɞ∙ ━━━━━━━               

Grace Field Academy, a place where all kinds of students attend and share mirth, simpathy and compassion with each other!

Or so says the advertisement.

Emma discovered this publicity was fake while having a tranquil study session at the library.

"Move." A brunette girl said in a rather insolent tone, making a "go away" gesture.

The sunset-haired girl didn't recognize this student so she came to conclusion that the older-looking person didn't know of her condition, which was explained to her class and grade.

In an attempt to communicate her hesitation to move, Emma made some vague hand gesturing which was somewhat understandable.

"What? Did the cat eat your tongue, little rat?"

But as always, Emma remained speechless, no matter how hard she tried.

It was sad, really. She could read others' words on books or magazines, yet no one would even bother reading hers. She could listen to people talk, give motivational speeches, inflict emotion to others, but all she could do was speak sign language, which was pretty rare for common people to know.

She was lonely.

Lonely in a word full of voices where hers can not be found.

She stands up and leaves the library, to avoid any conflict.

--

With her school bag, currently full of books, hanging on her shoulder, the ginger makes her way through the hallways. She enters a club room she saw on the academy's campus tour, the guide explained it was the dance room but it was no longer used because, as the years passed by, students lost interest in dance.

Emma, however, loved dancing more than anything in her life. Especially ballet. It was her liberation. She felt lighter each time she danced, as if the chains that always retained her dissapeared, even if it was only for a short moment, she felt free.

She grabbed a CD she had bought recently, a piece belonging to the ballet Etudes, composed by Knudåge Riisagers, and placed it on the CD player the clubroom had. Thankfully for Emma, who did not have any intentions of other people seeing her dance, the classroom she was in only had one small window, located on the door, most people wouldn't even notice there was someone inside.

The teenager started dancing, gracefully. Each twirl, each move, each time she spun in sync to the music was like a cry for help. You could somehow feel the dancer's pain by watching how she did her pirouettes. To the girl who's hair resembled a sunset it was not only a way of expressing what her silent could not but also a way to feel better, to feel happy, a way to feel as if she was on cloud nine.

--

Eventually, the melody reaches it's end and so does Emma's dance. She is panting, not only because of how tiring dancing can be but because it was like getting a weight of her shoulders.

Her feet hurt because she danced with sneakers, her head aches of exhaustment and her heart beats so fast it may stop but she doesn't care. She feels so relieved and light-hearted that all the pain she has becomes numb.

The ballet dancer takes off her shoes and socks, leaving herself bare-footed, she packs her sneakers in her bag and starts walking home from school without a care in the world.

--

Once home, she opens the door with the key her dad gave her and enters the house. Emma starts to look for her Dad and her Papá, a married gay couple who had decided to adopt a healthy, normal child but because there was a mistake in the adoption files, they adopted a mute, silent girl instead. The two men would've felt horrible if they returned her to the orphanage so they decided to treat her as their daughter regardless her conditions. Eventually, they started loving her way more than they originally planned to.

"I'm home, Dad" she signs, hugging her dad, Yuugo, afterwards.
"Welcome back, Clementine." He responded, making her smile.

Emma was glad she had such good parents.

However, there was a certain person who wasn't as lucky as her.

                                                  ━━━━━━━ ∙ʚ♡ɞ∙ ━━━━━━━

so! If you did not notice, this is an introductory chapter to Emma's character! Next up will be Ray's.

Have a nice day!

-raya