37 | in Ray she trusts

"Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not" she signed.

Emma and Ray sat on the sidewalk outside the cafe. They look at how the cars passed through the road and how they illuminated the street, since it had gotten late and it had begun to get dark.

"Oh" Ray managed to get out as he swinged his legs back and forth, the sidewalk was high enough for one to be allowed to do that.

"What's wrong?" he said, turning around and facing the ginger, looking at her with pleading eyes, hoping she wouldn't back off now, not when he was so close to learning what she was worried about and kept her from sleeping at night.

She looks at her hands and clenches them into a fist, then slowly opens them and watches as they slowly return to their original color.

"Emma ..?"

She sighs.

"Ray" she says in signs "My friends are like the color of my hands .. Normally, when they are open, I do not notice that the color is there but when I stress and clench them into fists, they turn white, pale and the absence of color becomes obvious. The same goes with my friends, normally, they are there, but I do not notice them at all but when I get stressed and have a hard time I realize how lonely I feel without them and how much I would have I liked having the courage to tell them what I really feel. "

The redhead opens her eyes as if she has just realized something.

"I'm sorry .. did you understand that?" she says in sign language."Yes, Emma. You couldn't have explained it in a better way."

She laughs.

She couldn't believe it .. It had been so easy that he regretted not having done it a long time ago.

Now that she thinks about it, it had never been so difficult, she should have known that her friends would not call her a fraud, they trusted her.

But she didn't trust them.

She felt so ashamed of herself for it. Her friends were good people, they would never abandon her like that and although they would not believe her they would try to do so.

At that moment, Emma remembered something she had read in one of the books her horrible aunt had given her.

He said that fear was one of the most powerful emotions and that if one did not learn to control it there would be serious consequences.

Apparently it was true.

That's why from now on, she would learn how to control it, to avoid events like the ones that just transcurred.

She would finally trust her friends as they trust her.

She stood up and offered Ray her hand.

Ray already knew what that gesture meant.

"I have something I want you to see, come on and follow."