32 | a coward with a heart

"Say, Norman, what if we go eat lunch together? You, your girlfriend, my friend and me, I mean." Ray said; he was remorful of the the way he had acted earlier.

The albino brought a hand to his chin, contemplating the posibility of eating with them and finally, he nodded his head and pronounced the words "Sure, that would be fun."

The boys stood in the middle of the airport, their suitcases in hand, and waited in awkward silence.

"How'd you learn to be so determined?" Ray asked, not turning around to face Norman.

"Well, I don't rememb-" He started to respond, however, his sentence was interrupted by a female's voice, which was calling his name.

"Anna!" The albino walked towards his girlfriend and hugged her, then he gave her a loving kiss.

"I missed you!" Norman commented, a smile formed in his visage.

Second after, the smile disappeared and was replaced with a confused expression.

"Anna, baby, who is this?" He said, pointing at a fiery haired girl that was standing behind her.

"Oh, her name is---"

"Emma" Ray beat her to it. "Carrot-head.." his tone of voice was pleading, as if asking for forgiveness.

The girl looked away, it made her sad to even look at Ray's beautiful eyes.

The black-haired boy got closer to her and gently placed his hand on her chin, making her look at him.

"I'm sorry, Emma, I.. I panicked.." Ray looked truly disappointed by his own actions "I was a coward, I'm still one but...I'm a coward with a heart."

The boy brought his face close to hers and kissed her.

"And.. That heart belongs to you, carrot-head." he said once he broke the short but beautiful kiss.

Emma's face turned beet red but despite that, she was truly happy that Ray was able to return her feelings.

And she was sad too.

Sad that she hadn't been able to hear Ray's speechless voice screaming "I love you!" over and over again ever since the beginning.

"I love you too, Ray" her silent said, and the black haired boy, of course, understood it and hugged her dearly.