6 | disappear

━━━━━━━ ∙ʚ♡ɞ∙ ━━━━━━━

Last night.

It was the last night Ray had played the piano in Don's father's business. They had gotten their violinist back, therefore, the boy was no longer of help.

He wished he was though.

Not only because of the money but because all those nights, he looked forward to seeing the red-head.

Ray, for some reason, had given her the cookie he bought for his sister, Yvette. He didn't really know why, he had just acted on an impulse. He had arrived home and lied to the younger girl, telling her the store ran out of cookies. Yvette's countenance had tore Ray's heart into pieces.

Even though he was completely lost in his own thoughs, he couldn't help but notice a flash of orange by the door. As soon as he saw it, the boy started chasing after it. Once he reached the girl, he grabbed her hand and placed a small paper inside it, letting go of her hand inmediately once his task was done.

He then proceeded to run to what would be the school's director office. Legravalima, the director, was a russian woman that was not only beatiful but incredibly clever too, however, she could also be considered the reincarnation of evil.

Once Ray arrived to her office, he was greeted by a "Good night, Mr. Caicedo".
The teen absolutely abhored his last name, no, he didn't dislike the name itself but the person who he adquired it from; his father, the one who had abandoned him without hesitation

"Night, Ma'am. I've come to pay the school's maintenance bills." As he said that, he started placing his money on the table but to his surprise, the woman returned it and looked at him directly in the eyes. "Your parents have to give me the money, not you. Until you come with your mother or father, I will not accept your payment."

"But.. today is the last day to pay before I get suspended until further notice!"
"Yes that's correct. You will be suspended until your parents pay. Now, go. I have better things to do."

This woman didn't show a hint of remorse and it was terrifying.

Ray left the office feeling frustrated that all his efforts had gone to waste.

Yes , to waste because...

Where the hell was he going to get a decent parent to pay the fucking bills?!

His mom was extremely ill and his father was no where to be found.

There was no other option then, he would stay at home, taking care of his siblings during school hours and go work the rest of the day.

--

Emma stared at a piece of paper as she walked home, late at night.

"Ray C. / Grace Field Academy "

That was his name, huh? Ray... it had a nice ring to it.

"Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray Ray" the girl found herself repeating the name several times in her mind, she couldn't help it, it just sounded so beautiful and mysterious..

And then..

She read the school he attended to and almost chocked on air.

"GRACE FIELD ACADEMY?!" She thought as she gasped. Afterward, she smiled. "Today is Sunday, maybe i'll get to see him tomorrow!"

But he was not at school the next day.

"Tomorrow for sure!"

Nor the day after that day.

"Is he even real?!"

It had been almost one month and there was no trace of Ray at school. That's why, Emma decided to figure out what had happened to him. After school hours, she began her search for Don; the boy that had hired her for the show and most probably the pianist too! Maybe he knew his adress or something.

Once he found him, she gave him three sheets of paper, each with about 14 questions written in it. Don looked at the paper, shocked.

"Uhh, Emma, sorry to let you down but, there is only one of this questions I can answer." He grabbed one of the several papers the ginger had brought and folded it in four, making himself a blank space to write in.

"Here. I have to go now, nice seeing you! Bye"

The memo written by Don had Ray's phone number in it.

God bless Don, he deserves the world.

--

unknown:

hey!

Ray:
Who are you?

unknown:

the ballet girl? You know, the one you gave a cookie to?

Read by Ray at Thursday, 4:43pm