5 | cookie

━━━━━━━ ∙ʚ♡ɞ∙ ━━━━━━━

Ray was discouraged.

Every night he had played the piano, he hoped to talk to the ballerina who he always saw dancing on the stage.

But after the show, she was never there.

It was as though she was Cinderella, having to leave before anyone discovers her true self and abandons her because of it.

If she was like that, the black-haired boy wouldn't judge. After all, he himself was like that too; hiding his true colors from society, afraid of being abandoned again.

But he was abandoned anyway, regardless of what he did or didn't do.

So he stopped trying. He became speechless.

--

The show had ended and the noirette had given up on his search for the dancer so he decided to just walk home. He figured he could stop on the super market, this past few days he had been winning a bit more money than usual so he decided to spend it on giving his family a small treat.

On his way out of the store he saw a mob of teenagers laughing loudly about something as they walked away, leaving someone behind.

Someone with orange locks of hair.

Ray walked in the ginger's direction and poked her shoulder to get her attention. The teenager turned around to face the person behind her, revealing her bloody mouth. Emma expected the boy to look terrified or worried, hell, she even expected him to laugh but with a non-chalant expression, the teen wiped the blood of her mouth and gave her a knowing look, as if saying "Take better care of yourself next time".

Then, he looked at his bag, filled with just a few groceries, and started rummaging for something in it. A few minutes later, he got what he was searching for; it was a bunny-shaped cookie, placed inside a plastic container. He handed it to the girl standing opposite to him and gave her a shy headpat, afterwards, he left.

Emma stood there, dumb-founded. What had just happened?! Did she just have a conversation without speaking?! The antenna girl didn't move for several minutes. She just stayed in the same place the boy had left her, with a bunnie cookie on one hand and a confused expression plastered on her face.

Emma lowered her head, looking at her yellow lace-less sneakers, noticing how little raindrops hit the ground. It was rainy season and she hadn't brought an umbrella, however, she was too focused on what just happened to care,

That's just how the ginger was. She kept forgetting things about reality because she was too immersed in her day dreams or ballet.

After she was able to come back to her senses, she started walking back to her house, where both of her parents, Yuugo and Lucas, would be waiting for her.

--

"Welcome back Em!" Her Papá had greeted her once she arrived home.

The day-dreamer just nodded and inmediately headed upstairs, to her bedroom. She sat on her bed and pulled out the cookie the boy had given her.

Emma stared and stared and stared at the cookie.

She wondered;

Why?

Why me?

Why him?

Why did he approach me?

Why do I feel like I know him?

Why did he care for me?

But most importantly;

Who is he?

Of course, so many questions are too much for an exhausted person's mind, therefore, the girl fell asleep before she could think of answers.

That was once of the first nights her questions hadn't been related to her silence.

It was a progress.