9 | marauder

━

━━━━━━ ∙ʚ♡ɞ∙ ━━━━━━━

It was late.

Emma took a glance at the clock placed on top of her night table, it's needles indicated it was currently 2:32 AM , meaning she had been studying aproximately 15 hours without stopping. Maybe it was time to conclude her study session now. She ordered her desk and proceeded to change into her pijamas. Then, she turned off the bedroom's lights and layed down on her bed.

She couldn't sleep.

The ginger was not sure what hour it was but it seemed to her that she had spend ages just listening to the clock's ticking. She sat up and rested her head on her hand, thinking on how to sleep.

However, an idea crossed her mind.

"What if I go for a walk?"

Emma knew her aunt was probably asleep and wouldn't wake up until hours later. She also knew it was a horrendously bad idea, specially because she could get caught red handed.

But the thought of freedom, even if it was for some hours, was way stronger than any logical thinking.

Emma needed to go outside.

She grabbed a jacket that was hanging from her chair and put it on, then she left her room, cautiously and quietely, making sure no one heard anything.

Once at the entrance, the girl stole the copy of the house's keys which her aunt kept behind a depressing painting of an elephant and left the house.

This was reckless, yes. But it was just like her.

She started walking around the city, wondering into more quiet territories, usually where houses and neighborhoods were located.

The silence was comforting, it permitted Emma to appreciate everything around her. She closed her eyes, enjoying how everything was mute, just like her.

Suddenly, she heard a tune that made her heart skip a beat. It was beautiful. The melody mesmerized Emma so much that she didn't notice how little droplets of water had started falling on her disorganized, tangerine hair until minutes after. It was raining and she was getting soaked by the rain but she didn't care. She wanted to find out where the song was coming from.

She made her way around the neighborhood and finally reached what she thought was her destination.

It was a big, old house. The paint on the walls was starting to peal off and a few of the window frames were oxidized, the plants on the garden had started to wither as well. It was clear the house was not well taken care of.

There was a window where a person could be seen, they were looking outside and humming a hipnotizing melody.

Emma continued to stare at them, dumb-founded. She wished she could've stayed longer but her eyes had started to be way to heavy to keep open and her arms and legs were so exhausted that they wouldn't move, her head had started to ache intensely too, her view started to get blurry and the place started to darken, until she was not able to see anything anymore.

She had lost consciousness right in front of a strangers house.

It wasn't a good idea to go out at night.

--

"Who is she?" Domimic asked with a curious look on his face.

"Dunno." The boy with jet-black hair responded.

Ray knew exactly who this person was.

This was the ginger he thought about every single night while he tried to sleep.

Half an hour ago,  had seen someone collapse in front of his house and inmediately ran outside to check on the person.

He didn't expect it to be her, though.

The boy had carried her in his arms to his house, where he placed her unconscious body on his bed.

He had accidentaly awoken a child named Dominic on the process, who to his surprise, offered Ray his help.

They had gotten a towel to dry the ginger at least in the slighest and placed a bag with ice on her forehead to ameliorate her body temperature, which was extremely high at the time.

And now they were here, waiting for her to regain consciousness.

This was going to be a long day, wasn't it?