38 | father

"Good evening. What may I help you with?" an exhausted yet not old man greeted them. Emma and Ray were currently standing at a place that offered tour guidance, however the black-haired boy couldn't make out why exactly they were there in the first place. It's not like he would complain though, if there was one thing he enjoyed, or rather had grown to enjoy since back in the day he didn't, was learning and absorbing knowledge and it so happened that tours were a good source of it.

Emma pulled out of her bag a conversational notebook, the only difference being that, unlike the one she used with Ray, this one was specifically to talk with strangers.

"Hmm well.. If I'm being sincere, I'm not sure if there are tours available for the place I want to visit but.. I would like information regarding a library nearby, if I remember well, it's called Ruelle Library." Emma wrote, pausing a moment before saying the library's name to remember if she was writing it correctly.

"So if you are looking for Ruelle library then, I know exactly the tour guide who will be able to help you." The man said, looking excited for the first time ever since Emma and Ray had met his acquaintance.

"Who would that be?" she wrote, with a smile on her face. She sure had been lucky enough to find exactly what she was looking for, not to mention at first try.

"That would be... me. Leslie Caicedo."

Ray, who hadn't said anything so far, couldn't help but exclaim "What?!" and Emma, who was aware of the boy's family history, looked at him with concern.

"Is something the matter?" Mister Leslie asked, showing preoccupation for his clients.

"Mister Leslie. By any chance, do you happen to know a woman named Isabella?" Emma inquired, trying to keep her cool. "Isabella Garret" She wrote moments afterwards as she didn't want a silly response such as "Isabella? Which one? I know too many"

The man, Leslie, left the map on his desk and looked at both Ray and Emma with ominous eyes.

"And how, if I'm allowed to ask, do you know my ex-wife?" He said, leaning over the desk to take a closer look at the kids' faces.

"Technically, she's still your wife since you abandoned her and never bothered to fill divorce papers.." Ray mumbled loud enough for him to hear. Emma knudged him with her shoulder. Sure, she could be reckless sometimes but Ray... Ray just wasn't

The man had the appearance of a person who was about to kill someone and, if Emma had to guess, that would be Ray. Realizing this, she stood in front of him, adopting a defensive posture.

"Look, kid. I have no idea how you know about Isabella and I but maybe you should shut up and not get your nose in other people's business.

Ray growled and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"That won't be a problem then. This is totally my business. I'm Ray Caicedo. Your son in case you are a bad husband AND father." He offered his hand, which Leslie did not dare to stretch due to the spite in the boy's voice.

Ray had so many things to say to this man.

Why did he leave us?

He didn't even remember me.. Am I that insignificant in his life?

Does he not feel guilty, at all? Leaving his kid and wife like that..

What a despicable man.

This man had ruined both his life and his mom's, there was no way he was getting out of this without a few "nice" words on his son's behalf. Maybe even a slap. Who knows?

"Look sir, I don't know what the fuck are you doing in Geneva but now that I've found you, let's have a cup of coffee and chat about.. You know, life in general."

Leslie looked awful. He was sweating bullets and he had an anxious expression on his face that Ray decided to name "Oh fuck, they caught me."

Emma looked at her black-haired boy, now officially welcomed into the "Reckless people" club, and then at the man, who had faded pink-hair, almost white. "Probably because of age" she thought.

She placed both of her hands on Ray's shoulders and turned him around. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She signed. The boy simply nodded in response and gave her a reassuring smile, letting her know that he had a plan.

"Well, if he has a plan then he's officially out of the "Reckless people" club" Emma thought while she sighed.

Leslie, who may just have noticed that he was at a disadvantage and being intimidated by an eighteen year old boy, decided to catch up to him and intimidate him back.

He looked at Emma and placed a hand on her face, as if examining her closely and deciding whether or not she was going to be a problem.

"And who are you?" he asked, with the same ominous tone he had employed earlier.

None of your business sir.

However, If I really had to answer that question..

I'm someone who you DO NOT want to mess with.

And of course, as president and founder of the "Reckless People" club, Emma proceeded to slap this adult's hand away. Giving him a bad look afterwards.

"Tsk. Girl's got some temper." he scoffed.

"Look, just stop being an ass and leave us alone. Also, cancel the tour, I think we are pretty much capable of making ourselve's a tour if someone like you is admissible as a tour guide.

"Thank you very much for your time. It was an enormous pleasure to finally rekindle with you, father." He emphasized the words "rekindle" and "father" so much that if Emma didn't know Ray was the kindest person ever she would've thought he would bite Leslie.

The two walked out of the store and walked far enough of it. Then, even though most people would be terrified by such an experience, they both started laughing.

"Did you see the look on his face?" Ray said, almost out of breath.

"Priceless!" Emma signed, still laughing.

"Now, Ray. What's your plan?" she asked.

The only response she got from him was a playful smirk.

"Well.."