18 | gone but more present than ever

Before starting, I want to apologize for going on hiatus for almost two months! I had issues posting on wattpad and thus why the story got discontinued here and continued in ao3. If possible, I'll post all of the chapters I have written until now today.

--

Ray's mom had miraculously started recovering, the mysterious payment of his school fees had helped him a lot, economically speaking, and things had started to get better.

But she was gone.

Ever since Legravalima, who apparently was Emma's aunt, had forcefully made her enter the car there was no notice of her.

Those events had happened three months ago.

Every day, Ray walked to school.

Alone even though Emma had promised to walk with him everyday.

He came back home, greeted his mom, who had been realised from the hospital, and went to the orphanage's library, whenever he saw a spider he just squished it.

He missed the girl who had decided to tease him relentlessly for his fear of spiders, which he had eradicated.

He didn't talk anymore, not even to his mom; he just didn't find a reason why.

He waited everyday, at inhuman hours in the morning, for the girl. He knew she wouldn't come but he just didn't want to lose hope yet.

He was speechless once again and this time, there wasn't anyone who could help him.

He missed her so much.

And he didn't know anything about her.

He though about the last time he saw her every day and couldn't help but feel despair.

He loved her, he loves her.

But she was gone and her absence was too noticeable.

--

The black haired boy was reading a newspaper, it was mainly about school, kids and what not.

He turned the page, weakly, it was an article about a bording school and it's students. Ray would hate going to that school, he knew how it was; almost like a prison. The article contained a photo, he observed it.

There were many students but one of them caught his attention.

"Emma?!"