29 | panic attack

"I'm a coward"

Over and over again, Ray mumbled the same words as he hyperventilated inside a bathroom stall.

His entire body was trembling, cold sweat ran down his forehead and his heart beat so fast it was concerning.

The black-haired boy was sure that he had read about those symptoms but no matter how much he searched among his memories, the panic prevented him from thinking correctly and therefore from finding out what was wrong with him or how to stop it.

Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward.

If only he could calm himself down.

If only..

--
Previously, right before departing to their future university, Emma had stopped Ray from entering the plane. Apparently, the girl had something important to say.

Ray turned around to look at her, she seemed nervous but determined.

Emma looked to the side and then right back at the boy and sighed as if gathering courage.

"I.." she signed.

"Love you.."

The male teen pushed the ginger aside and ran away, breathing heavily.

He is never going to forget the look on the girl's face.

It was so.. despairful.

But what's more despairing is that he is the one who caused it.

--

Ray's panic attack had escalated quickly, it had worsen.

He almost couldn't breath and tears were running down his cheeks. A repulsive feeling of nausea invaded him and his mouth was extremely dry.

The boy couldn't think clearly, no matter how clever he was.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door belonging to the stall Ray was currently in.

"Are you okay?"

When the person heard Ray didn't respond, he grabbed a coin and opened the bathroom door, nervously; his mother had taught him that those kinds of door could be opened with a coin or knife, for safety reasons.

And then he saw Ray, crying and trembling.

"I'm Norman. Everything is going to be fine." he said, as he offered the noirette his hand.