30 | Anna

Emma sat at the airplane's first aid section, which was more like a little room used for pretty much anything.

Anna, a nurse that was around her age, was treating the ginger's wounds.

Due to all the stress and pressure the girl had been under, she had developed several nervous habits such as fidgeting with her fingers or biting the inside of her lips.

These wounds were a result from one of Emma's habits; clenching her fists so hard that sometimes her fingernails would injure the palms of her hands.

This was one of those times.

Emma was so anxious when Ray never showed up to the flight again that she had hurt herself.

Thankfully though, a passenger who was going to study medicine at the same school as the ginger next year noticed the girl's anxiety and inmediately offered to help her out.

To calm her down, Anna had talked a bit to Emma about her life and what not; she told her she had a childhood friend, who had recently become her boyfriend, that got sick really fast. The blonde girl said that she enjoyed taking care of her boyfriend when he got ill.

Emma couldn't talk so she just listened, however this time she wasn't bother at all by her own lack of speech, she was having a good time listening to Anna.

A few minutes after the nurse started talking she stopped and looked at the orange-haired girl.

"Oh sorry... Am I boring you..?"

Emma rapidly shook her head, saying no, and grabbed a pen she always kept behind her ear.

She didn't have any paper nearby so she wrote on her hand instead.

"I'm mute"

Anna sighed with relief and left the room for a bit, only to come back with a notebook, which had a logo unbeknownst to Emma on the cover.

"Okay! Now you can talk too."

The ginger's eyes lit up and a smiled appeared on her visage.

Everything about her seemed to say "Thank you for listening."

And truly, she was thankful.