Jay'Shawn

"Jay'Shawn Simmons." I heard the guard call out my name, interrupting my sleep.

"Damn dawg." I said as I stretched then climbed off the top bunk. He then opened my cell. I placed my hands behind my back as I walked out the cell. The guard grabbed me by my arm as we walked side by side. The guard handed my belongings to me that I had before I got locked up for 4 years. I slid on my clothes and timberland boots before I slapped my Rolex Cosmograph Daytona on. The guard then handed me my money and cellphone.

"Follow the yellow line ." The guard instructed. I shoved my hands into my pants pockets as they opened up the prisons gates for me. As soon as I stepped foot through the gates they were quickly shut behind me and a sense of freedom ran through my body. I smiled to myself as I looked down at the time on my phone.

"Damn, six in the mornin'." I shook my head and started looking through the contacts I had in my phone. I quickly dialed Caesars number hoping he didn't change it. It rung four times before he picked up, "Yo." He said answering the phone with a raspy voice.

"Ayo nigga, wake yo' ass up and come getcha' brutha'. I'm home man."

I could tell in his voice that he was excited. Shit, I ain't see my damn brutha in 4 years.

"I'm on my way my nigga!"

Thirty minutes went by and I saw an all black Lamborghini pull up on the side of me. The butterfly doors opened up and Caesar made his way out the car and over to me. He dapped me up and we both had big ass kool-aid smiles on our faces, we then hopped in his Lambo and he sped off as if we were in a race.

He looked over at me and then removed a blunt from his ear. He passed it to me and said, "I'm glad you home playa'. Spark that gas up, it's been too long."

Too long was right ! A nigga ain't smoke in years. I sparked up the Dutch.

"Update me my brutha." I said as I took a long drag of the blunt before passing it.

"These last four years been crazy. But I managed to hold it down while you was away," he continued, "We still making money as you can see but the product gettin' short but the killin' becoming a problem. Our men acting like wild animals instead of acting like they suppose to. Since you left, almost 6 of our men done got locked up and Jojo then died a a year ago."

Caesar continued to talk but after he told me that Jojo died, I stopped listening as I started gettin lost in my thoughts. Jojo besides my brutha was one of the realest and one of the most loyal niggas I knew. Out of everybody on our team, only Jojo, Casear, and Booter were the only niggas to write me when I was locked up. So shit was about to change because the team obviously wasn't loyal. My father always taught me that loyalty and trust was the two most important traits you needed in everybody you fucked with if you was in the game.

We pulled up to Casear's crib, which was deep in the cut. I don't even think the feds could find his crib on the map.

"You can stay here until you get back on yo' feet bro." He told me as he walked towards his room. He handed me some True Religion Jean's, boxers, and a white T.

"Good look." I told him as I made my way to the bathroom to shower. Damn it felt good to be back.