Jay'Shawn

I felt like I had to redeem myself from the years I've been locked up. Niggas forgot who the fuck I was and what I stood fo'. I was king of my city, I was well connected, ruthless and someone who couldn't be stopped. Nobody was going to come in the way of the legacy I had to keep building fo' me, my father, and my brutha.

     "You strapped?" I asked Booter and Caesar as I pulled my mask over my face. They both nodded as we hopped out the car. We were short on supply and demand. So as Caesar suggested we had to dead the competion and get our reputation back that we wasn't anybody to fuck with. 

   I slowly walked up on the two youngins that looked as if they were waiting on somebody.

  "That's them." Caesar said quietly.

   "Y'all muthafuckas thought y'all could take my shit over with no problem?"  I asked as I pointed my Mp5 to the young boy head. Casear  and Booter followed up pressing their Mp7's  against the other youngster's head. They both held their hands up high as if we told them to surrender. Booter and I began to laugh as we all stepped back aiming our guns at the youngsters.

    "Y'all straight pussy. Scared to die lil niggas?" I asked laughing at the look on their faces. Their bodies started to jump and jerk  as we fired our guns at the youngsters. After we shot the youngsters, Casear kicked them making sure they were dead completely. I grabbed the spray paint I stashed away in my back pocket . I kneeled down in front of the bodies and sprayed I'M BACK big as day on the concrete. Sirens started to fill the sky and we quickly fled the scene.

   "Yo you see the look on they face!?" Booter said with excitement as he burned our bloody clothes on the balcony. 

    "Yeah, they were pussies anway. Who the fuck did they think they were?" Caesar replied as he started to spark the blunt.

    "Aight, that was some lite shit." I said interrupting their moment.

    "The heavy shit is we need some much better supply but fo' the low. I know exactly who to go to. He use to supply pops back in the day." I saw a smile creep up on Casear's face. I walked over and grabbed his shoulder.

    "I told you to trust me little bruh. We gon' protect our legacy." I grabbed his head and held it close to my chest, he patted my back and nodded.

***************************************************************

    I tucked my 40 in my waistband as I approached Ray's crib. I always had to be prepared fo' the worse because you never knew what was on people's minds.  I haven't seen Ray in years, so I honestly didn't know if he was still in the game or what. 

   I knocked on the door three times before a familiar face opened up the door.  He squinted and looked me over as if he didn't recognize who I was. 

    "It's Jay'Shawn." I said hoping he'd find my name to be familiar.  From the looks of it,  I doubted if he was in the drug game. His house looked old and ran down. He looked old and ran down himself.  His hairline was received and a bald spot sat in the middle of his head. His beard was grey and nappy. From the looks in his dark-brown eyes,  it appeared as if he wasn't getting enough sleep.

  What happened to this nigga?  This ain't the OG I use to know.

   "Jay'Shawn who?" He placed his glasses on his face that hung around his neck.

   "Jay'Shawn Simmons," "Skee's son." I added trying to refresh his memory.

   He stared into my eyes as if he was still trying to make out who I was. 

   "Damn boy,  you've grown." He finally said after giving me a stare down.  He motioned fo' me to come in.  It was a mess in here.  You would think this house was abandoned from the looks of it.  It smelled like cigarettes and mildew. I scrunched my nose up as I looked around in disgust.

   "What happened to you Ray?" I asked trying my hardest to ignore the smell. I was wishing he never told me to come in.  I would rather stand outside.

   He lit a cigarette and flopped down on his stained up couch. "I was forgotten." He took a long drag of his cigarette as if he was stressed. 

    "Who forgot you?" I asked as I pulled my shirt over my nose.

    "You, your brother and the streets." He confessed as he put his cigarette out.

     "Yo, I just got out the pin. Ain't nobody forget you. I'm surprised you ain't move from this place."  I kicked a can out of my way as I sat on the stained couch.

   "I can't let this place go. Your father and I started the game right here. Since we were youngins."

   "I want my OG back." I admitted staring him in his face. He nodded and said,  "And yo' OG needa comeback."

   "So do I." I got up and extended my hand.  He grabbed it and shook it with a tight grip. 

   "I'll be back once I find a connect to start us off on the good foot." He shook his head and said,  "Now I know I done let myself go. Lost in misery but I still got a connect with the best shit ever," he continued, "It's shipped straight from Mexico." I felt relief because I knew Ray was loyal not only that he was wise and his product was always A1. 

   "I need that." I confessed.

    "I got you cause you got me."