Jay'Shawn

I was right where I wanted to be. Word on the street was, the notorious kingpin was back. My reputation was back where I wanted it to be. My team and I were feared on the streets. It took a lot of work to get where I was at now. I had to wipe out our strongest competition, new comers, and anybody who had better product than I did.

The product wasn't a problem anymore though, which helped Ray sit back and count his money. The workers Ray and Booter managed to get cooked up the coke in the basement. Therefore our quality became way better than Donovan's and we were slowly becoming the connect fo' all drugs and weapons. Ray managed the coke, Booter managed the guns, Gi-Gi managed the weed since Caesar was no longer around, and of course I managed the money. I sat on top of everything.

It was weird how Caesar went M.I.A. I was starting to realize how funny he was acting towards me. I really didn't want to have to kill my brutha because of his jealousy of me.
You made a big mistake tonight. The threat from a familiar voice kept playing in my head. But it had been two months since I received the threat, and there was no sign of beef.
Bratatat...Bratatat!!

Gunshots disturbed my thought process as I tackled Gi-Gi to the ground, guarding ha' with my body like a shield.

"Get down!!!" I yelled as the gunshots kept flying through the trap house.

Skrrrrrtt!

The car finally took off. I got off of Gi-Gi and helped ha' up off the ground.

"Is you good?" I asked breathing heavy.

She brushed ha' hair away from ha' face and nodded.

"Arggghh!" I heard Booter yell as he held his side. I quickly ran over to Booter, ripping my shirt to apply pressure to his wound.

"I gotta get him to the hospital!" I yelled to Gi-Gi and Ray, as I gently pulled Booter off the ground and to his feet.

I threw Booter's arm around my neck, he limped out the door with me as I continued to apply pressure to his wound. I quickly helped him get into the backseat of my Benz before I sped off rushing to the hospital.
You made a big mistake tonight...

*****************************************

Hours passed as I waited patiently to hear news from the doctor. I was nervous and mad at the same time. Nervous because I didn't want them to tell me that Booter had died and mad because I had no idea who the fuck shot up my spot.

"Hello, are you Darryl Steven's relative?" The doctor asked me. I stood up making eye contact with the man.

"Yes, he is my brutha'", I lied. "Is he okay?" "Yes, he pulled through surgery. But we are going to have to keep him here for a couple days until he heals completely." The doctor confirmed.

"Okay. Can I see him?"

"Yes, sure." He motioned fo' me to follow him and I did so.

I sat down in the chair that was closer to Booter's bed rest. I wasn't surprised that he was sleep.

"Glad you pulled thru' my nigga." I said as I gently rubbed his shoulder.

"I'll be here everyday till' you get out." I promised as I gently balled up his fist, forcing him to pound mine.

As soon as I was about to get in my car, Gi-Gi pulled up beside me.

I decided to walk around to the driver side of ha' car. She rolled ha' window down.

"Is he okay?" She asked with the look of concern in ha' eyes.

"Yeah, he's fine. You okay?"

"Always. Just came to check on him", "You should've covered him. Not me."

I looked at ha' then away.

"I can't save everybody."

"Well, thank you fo' saving me." She leaned out the window of ha' car planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

My eyes met with hers.

"You don't have to thank me."

She rolled ha' window up and proceeded to back out of the parking spot. I then hopped in my car and drove back to the Southside.

When I finally got back to the trap house, I realized the door was left open.
Now who the fuck would leave the door open?

I clinched my jaws and then quickly dialed Ray's number. It went straight to voicemail. I dialed Gi-Gi's number instead as I paced back and forth outside the trap house.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" I asked trying not to sound so angry. That didn't work.

"What's your problem?" She asked.

"Nothin'. Come to the spot." I instructed.

I walked inside the house and immediately checked the attic where the money was.

It was gone.

"WHAT THE FUCK!!?" I yelled as I picked up a chair throwing it against the back door, causing the glass to shatter.

My mind was racing, my heart was pounding. Everything I worked hard fo' was gone!

I checked the basement, to my surprise my enslaved workers were gone and so was the kilos of coke.

"I can't believe this shit!" I shook my head and began pacing back and forth in the living room.

The only person I could think of that would fuck everything up fo' me was Caesar.
Did Caesar send that threat? Caesar shot up the trap? Caesar stole my money and product? I started to grow angrier and angrier as the thoughts filled my head.

"Woah, you look like you going crazy." Gi-Gi said as she took ha' time stepping over the glass in the living room.

"Somebody left the door open and took everything!!" I yelled as I balled my fist up. Caesar had to die! I thought to myself.

Gi-Gi stayed quiet as she checked the attic and basement.

"Where is your father?"

"He's prolli home, trying to relax."

I nodded at ha' response.

"Caesar did this." I said as I grabbed my glocc 40 from underneath the couch.

"Are you sure your own brutha would betray you?"

"Is he here now?" , "My point exactly."

"What are we gonna do Jay? Were broke!"

"You got the weed. Grab the corner Caesar was working and work it!" I yelled in frustration.

She nodded and we both left the trap house.

****************************************

When I arrived at Caesar's house, it was obvious that no one lived there anymore.

His Lamborghini was no longer parked in the drive-thru. There were no blinds nor curtains hung up in the windows. This exact moment explained everything. Caesar had to die. Blood or no blood. His loyalty did not lie with me anymore.
You made a big mistake tonight....