Gia

My father had me shook up. He had me wondering if he was going to take my life. Not only would he be taking my life he'd be taking my baby's life as well. 

My loyalty lied with Jay'Shawn now and I just couldn't betray him like that. I wasn't going to let anything destroy my family. 
How could I look Jay in his face,  knowing that my father wants him dead? 

My father left me no choice but to choose between him and my family.  I had to play the game right. I had to protect my family.
I gotta tell Jay. I told myself as I sat on the couch waiting fo him to get home.

"Wasup baby?" Jay'Shawn said as he walked through the door. 

"Nothin'. " I sighed, contemplating on if I wanted to tell him or not. 
My father is important too but so is Jay and our child. I can't let this shit rip my family part. But I knew it was either my father or Jay. The thoughts crowded my head deeply.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked staring at me.

"I just miss you."

He smiled and sat next to me wrapping his warm arms around me. He made me feel so good. He treated me so right. I was finally happy.
Why would I  jeopardize my Mr. Wrong? I thought to myself. 

"I miss you too." He began rubbing my belly in circular motions before continuing, "I knew we always had that spark. I wasn't expecting no child but I trust you. You and this baby is all I got now." He informed me. 

Tears started to form in my eyes and from that moment I realized how important this man was to me. I wasn't choosing my father over him. 

"Baby." I said wiping my tears away from my face.

"What?"

"Remember how you told me about how yo' father died?" He nodded and his body began to tense up as I watched his jaws tighten.

"Well, today I discovered the real story." I looked away from him. I was afraid of what might happen next.

"What are you talkin' bout?" He asked removing his arms from around me.

"Ray told me who really killed yo' father today."  Damn,  I was snitchin' on my own father. I thought to myself. A sense of guilt overcame my body.

I continued informing Jay on the news I got. 

"Ray killed yo' father and he was going to kill Caesar but instead he wanted me to set you up so he could kill you.  But-" He interrupted me by pressing his finger against my lips, causing me to stop in the middle of my sentence.

"Shhhh... it's okay." He informed me as he stood up.

"Where are you going Jay?" I stood up watching him walked towards the door. 

"I'll be back." I ran towards him grabbing his arm.

"Baby,  don't think crazy. I'm choosing you. He threatened my life."

He stared into my eyes fo' a quick minute as an awkward silence filled the room. 

"I'll be back Gi-Gi." He kissed my forehead and left me standing there as if I still had hold of his arm. 

All I could think about was losing him and I couldn't stand the thought of it. 

I found myself dropping to my knees praying fo' my man's safety; something I never did. 

"Dear God, please forgive me fo' my sins as I am a better person.  Please make sure Jay'Shawn is safe. As well as my family. In God's name. Amen."